Talk

Advanced search

My friends dh passed away on saturday !

(6 Posts)
laughalot Sun 02-Aug-09 22:07:08

My friend and work collegue had a call from her 13 year old dd on saturday morning at work saying mum dad has collapsed.

My friend rung the ambulance from work and dashed of home when she arrived the paramedic came out and told her he had died sad.

He was 50 two children age 13 and soon to be 9 and the were the only ones in the house when he died.

I dont know why im posting really I dident think I could be so affected by it. My ds 5 has swine flu at the minute and is very poorly and I keep having this awful feeling that something will go wrong. Do you think its the shock ? I feel stupid and selfish for feeling this way sad.

laughalot Sun 02-Aug-09 22:07:59

That should read my ds is 5

AitchTwoOh Sun 02-Aug-09 22:09:17

HUGE shock, and you're feeling a bit vulnerable as well. please don't kick yourself while you're already down, no-one owns grief.
i'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband, it all sounds terrible, and i hope your wee boy feels better soon. smile

Ponders Sun 02-Aug-09 22:12:34

No, you aren't stupid or selfish for feeling like this - I think when someone we know dies suddenly it pulls us all up short. Someone I have worked with for years but never met (email & phone contact) died last month & I was really knocked back by that - he was only 56 but apparently had long-term health issues he'd never mentioned, it made me very sad & a bit anxious, like you.

Awful for the kids to have to be there when it happened sad & for their mum not to be there sadsad - once you're over the shock yourself you can help support them

laughalot Sun 02-Aug-09 22:14:19

Thanks I want to be there for them aswell because she dosent have much family.

AitchTwoOh Sun 02-Aug-09 22:19:54

you sound like a lovely friend. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now