Talk

Advanced search

Headstone type and inscription...

(4 Posts)
mulranno Wed 08-Jul-09 18:16:15

In the process of choosing a headstone for my mothers grave....has anyone seen any really nice ones they could suggest. Also we need to add an inscription...any ideas?

Evenstar Wed 08-Jul-09 18:31:26

I am having a headstone made for my husband's grave by a stone artist recommended by Memorials by Artists
www.memorialsbyartists.co.uk/home/
It really depends on your budget these stones are more expensive than the standard ones, but they are hand carved rather than stamped by machine. My husband's stone is having a carving, his name and dates and part of a poem. I ordered a book from the website, which had a lot of pictures in, which helped me in deciding on what I wanted. Depending on where the grave is there may well be regulations on what is allowed. If it is in a churchyard then a faculty will be needed, which is basically permission for your proposed design. Feel free to CAT me if you would like to ask anything about the process, hope that helps.

mulranno Wed 08-Jul-09 18:55:59

Evenstar...that is exactly what I am looking for...thankyou so much...I will order the book also...my mother grave is in Ireland so I hope that it can work over there.

Evenstar Wed 08-Jul-09 23:56:31

Feel free to phone them for a chat about the possibilities in Ireland, they are very friendly and approachable. Hope you are able to find what you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now