Is it weird ...

(10 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Sat 28-Mar-09 13:24:57

To type messages on someones facebook page when they have gone.

I've been chatting to him on there and realised everyone else can read it blush

OP’s posts: |
OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 28-Mar-09 13:50:32

I don't think it's weird, no. Lots of people "talk" to the deceased in their heads or whatever, it's just technology that allows you to do it on facebook.

differentID Sat 28-Mar-09 13:54:11

no- it's the same imo as chatting to him as if he was in the room with you.

Disenchanted3 Sat 28-Mar-09 14:51:38

thanks

a few others have done it too. I just like to tell him what we have been up to and that I miss him.

frasersmummy Sat 28-Mar-09 14:55:32

Well I went to my son's "garden" (sorry cant say the other g word.. its too hard) this morning. Told him all about ds2's party plans..

i cant see the difference between you typing on a webpage and me speaking to "thin air"

Grief is a strange animal and you just have to deal with it whatever way makes you feel a little better

Disenchanted3 Sat 28-Mar-09 15:41:06

Awww FM

I think its nice to talk, I do talk out loud to him too. I truelly believe he looks down on us and can hear me ... just no sure he can logg on to facebook wink

frumpygrumpy Sat 28-Mar-09 15:44:55

I think its a lovely thing. I truly believe those who are not here in body can hear and see all of what we are up to. I think its lovely and possibly comforting to his other family/friends.

frasersmummy Sat 28-Mar-09 16:29:00

disenchanted.. that made me smile

no he probs cant log on to facebook but on a smiliar note

I have on at least 3 occassions written ds 1 a letter and taken it to his garden.. he would have been 5 in a few weeks so he definatly cant read what I have written

So I know what you mean about it feeling weird but you just have to do what feels right for you at the time

I dont know who "he" is but I believe he is watching you and saying thats lovely disenchanted is still thinking about me

Disenchanted3 Sat 28-Mar-09 16:49:49

Its my grandad

frasersmummy Sat 28-Mar-09 17:18:01

I'm sorry for your loss disenchanted

Losing a grandparent is hard.. leaves a big whole in your life.

if posting on his facebook sites helps fills that hole you go right ahead and do it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in