Meeting friend tonight whose baby died at term, am pg and will tell her but want to be sensitive, any advice?

(4 Posts)
LeninGrad Fri 16-Jan-09 14:02:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
Deemented Fri 16-Jan-09 15:54:19

Thank christ you decided against text or email - face to face is margainly better then either of those.

TBH, and it may not be what you want to hear, but i was devestated for a long time when i heard someone was pregnant. But although inside i was gutted, i feigned happiness for the friend. It wasn't that i didn't want them to be pregnant - of course i did - i just felt the whole 'why her and not me' thing, yunno?

Please be prepared for her not to be ecstatic at your happy news, she may become quite quiet when you tell her, just don't force it. Tell her and leave it to her as to where it goes from there.

Of course - this is just my opinion, and how i thought and felt - your friend could be completely different.

LeninGrad Fri 16-Jan-09 17:00:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
HecateQueenOfGhosts Fri 16-Jan-09 17:07:41

I wish I knew what to advise in terms of what words to use, but tbh I haven't a clue.

One thing though - no matter how you tell her, she will no doubt have a lot of mixed emotions. You sound like a great person, very sensitive and I am sure you will be very understanding no matter what her reaction.

I agree with Dee, tell her face to face and be prepared for any reaction and give her time.

And congratulations btw. grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in