not sure if this is the correct place to post,so hope nobody minds.

(7 Posts)
eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 14:13:34

my Dad died in July of this year.
Next month, it's "their" Wedding anniversary.Not sure what to do...do I send Mum a card anyway...obviously,not an Anniversary card but something with a few sentiments in or does anyone know of any cards with special verses on for things like this?

OP’s posts: |
mrsmaidamess Sun 02-Nov-08 14:14:48

You could just send a card with a nice picture on it, or a 'Thinking Of you' card. I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Cheesesarnie Sun 02-Nov-08 14:16:24

i agree with mrsmaidamess.either that or just some floers to show your thinking of her.

shootfromthehip Sun 02-Nov-08 14:27:21

I had the same thing- I bought my Mum a plant and a card, it seemed wrong to let the day go past without any reference. The card was a generic picture one with a wee note inside. Sorry for your loss.

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 14:31:14

Thanks for your ideas everyone.
I think I'll perhaps get her a card with some kind of verse in...eg Thinking of You etc. with a bouquet of flowers.It's difficult isn't it?

Evenstar Sun 02-Nov-08 17:45:19

I had thinking of you cards from some family members and phone calls, and they were a great comfort, what would have been my 21st wedding anniversary fell less than 2 months after DH died. I'm sure your mum would appreciate some flowers and a card to mark the day.

eighteenstonesix Sun 02-Nov-08 17:58:56

thankyou Evenstar...I read your thread earlier.So sorry for your loss.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in