Talk

Advanced search

holidays post bereavement - for my mum

(7 Posts)
Mousie Fri 24-Oct-08 17:02:12

my mum wants to go away over new year on her own - dad died two years ago.. anyone know of any good companies? she is not looking to date or anything... just a bit of sun, quiet, something cultural woule be nice...???

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Fri 24-Oct-08 17:06:04

What about a cruise? They have alot of people who go alone. She can go to different places and it's alot like a community.

Bucharest Fri 24-Oct-08 17:13:36

She isn't in the WI is she?
My Mum was widowed almost 4 yrs ago now, I'm an only child and live abroad so it's been tough, but she's had some fabulous hols with the WI- India, Argentina....they do them a couple of times a year...I think there are also some companies similar to Warners who do holidays for single people (but obviusly not 18-30 type ones...) Maybe have a google round?
Good luck.xx
Saga- they do some things and you only have to be over 50.

Mousie Fri 24-Oct-08 17:18:50

thanks. wi a great idea - though she isn't a membe (yet). i have thought of the obvious stuff but wondered about the less mainstream.. she isn't looking for organised fun, if you know what i mean - but optional company, that sort of balance...

Bucharest Fri 24-Oct-08 17:29:15

There's also the U3a- my Mum joined after my stepdad died and it has been a godsend- she's been on a few UK based holidays with them, loads of daytrips and stuff, and joined a lot of their groups (reading, gardening, music etc)
I keep saying I can't wait to be retired and join all these things.....xx

Mousie Fri 24-Oct-08 17:45:02

thanks. wi a great idea - though she isn't a membe (yet). i have thought of the obvious stuff but wondered about the less mainstream.. she isn't looking for organised fun, if you know what i mean - but optional company, that sort of balance...

Mousie Fri 24-Oct-08 17:46:09

u3a, perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now