Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I saw my grandma today

(2 Posts)
catweazle Wed 22-Oct-08 18:19:03

At lunchtime I saw my grandma in a shop. Only I didn't, because she died 4 years ago this week

This little lady was her to a T. Same height, same hair, same face, same glasses, same smile. It was only when she spoke to the sales assistant and didn't have a Yorkshire accent that I was sure it wasn't her.

Since I saw her I've felt really shocked and on the verge of tears. She was 92 when she died and although I was sad at her passing I haven't been upset until today.

I have been particularly upset by the news of the M6 crash so perhaps I'm just on edge. Does anyone recognise this "shocked" feeling?

stleger Wed 22-Oct-08 18:47:13

I used to 'see' my dad a lot but only 'saw' my mum once. It is deeply unsettling, I agree. I heard a woman on the radio a while ago ( I am in Ireland) who turned on her car radio and her father's voice was talking - he had recorded a programme about folk music I think - he had died about 10 years previously. I can't make my mind up about that! (Haven't heard M6 news, I take it it is sad?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now