Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need help to write a card for my Grandad its complicated

(8 Posts)
bosslady Sat 04-Oct-08 22:39:48

My grandad passed away last week and it his funeral on Thursday. My Mum has given me some cards that sit with the flowers to write on and i am just really stuck on what to put.

My grandad and I had a very strained relationship, I loved him very much but didnt agree with many of his views and we often argued. Last christmas we had the mother of all rows as I thought he was treating my nanna really badly i felt very bad but what i said needed saying anyway he after a few weeks rang and apologised to me but things were never the same.

I feel really bad that we never really sorted things out properly and i will never get the chance again. I think we disagreed so much was because we were both so stubborn ,headstrong and neither of us would backdown so most would say two of a kind. This is why i am struggling with what to write. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks

saint2shoes Sat 04-Oct-08 22:41:53

difficult
can you remember a good time you had together?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 04-Oct-08 22:43:35

How about 'a man strong in character as well as love, you will always be fondly remembered'

littlelamb Sat 04-Oct-08 22:44:46

Don't know what to say but wanted to acknowledge your post. I could have written that all myself. I have a very strained relationship with my grandad to the point where we used to see each other every week but he doesn't even know about ds who is now 4 months old. We too had a big arguement last year and have not been the same since. I know I should patch things up before its too late I'm so sorry for your loss and completely feel for your difficulty with what to say. I think you obviously loved him very much x

bosslady Sat 04-Oct-08 22:46:43

Thanks whomovedmychocolate thats very fitting as he did have a very strong character.

bosslady Sat 04-Oct-08 22:49:31

littlelamb I did love him very much though i probably never showed it, i would say I dont do emotions but I am sat her with tears rolling down my face, so that wouldnt be true.

Do something for me make up with him because they dont last forever x

littlelamb Sat 04-Oct-08 22:56:53

Bosslady- do you know what, I will. I saw him yesterday as I was walking through town and I thought sod it, go and talk to him. But I didn't. He saw me, as I went into a shop and I saw that he had come the other way looking for me. He sounds very much like your grandad in that he has some old fashioned values and is very stubborn, but I know that underneath all that he is the one family member who has stood by me through pretty much everything. We had a big row last year, which is something we just don't do in our family - we don't do emotion. But it is time to get this sorted. Thank you for making me see it x

bosslady Sat 04-Oct-08 23:09:07

Let me know how you get on littlelamb I think you are doing the right thing. The feeling I have at the moment really isnt nice . I spoke to my Uncle who is very much like me and has a had a fraught relationship with his dad, my grandad, and he said that he had spoken to him before he died and my grandad had only good things to say about me which suprised me but I do wish i had the time again to say a proper goodbye x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now