Still hurts 3 years on

(5 Posts)
BibiThree Tue 30-Sep-08 20:58:47

Just getting it all out and here is ime an excellent place to do so...

It's 3 years today since I lost my baby boy, it was a missed m/c at 16 weeks and I still miss him so much.

Most people I know who have had mcs seem to get over them well and quickly, but I can't seem to shake the loss and the thoughts of who my baby boy could have been.

Dh and I will be releasing a balloon into the stars/night sky later on, which we've done every year, and makes me feel a little better about things, like we're telling him we've not forgotten him and we love him.

Why is this so hard? I am crying just typing this. I wish I wasn't such a wuss. That's it really, just needed it write it down. Thanks for reading if you got this far.

OP’s posts: |
TurkeyLurkey Tue 30-Sep-08 21:07:08

Don't know what to say but just read your post and feel so sad for you. You are not a wuss, you have been through a terrible loss and it is completly normal to feel the way you do. Have a good cry on your DH's shoulder. What a lovely idea to release a balloon for your boy by the way.

MollieMooma Tue 30-Sep-08 21:11:27

BibiThree Don't beat yourself up for feeling like this, everyone grieves differently, you might think other people have got over their m/c's but deep down I'm sure they are still hurting. I've had 2 mm/c's this year and couldn't believe how affected I was and still am, the feelings of loss and devastation completely overwhelmed me. I never really thought much about it before it happened to me, I love the idea of the balloon by the way, it's a really thoughtful idea and I'm sure your little boy appreciates it.
Take care of yourself, you are not a wuss, you are a grieving and loving mother x

MrsBates Tue 30-Sep-08 21:16:34

Not a wuss. My friend had a m/c years ago in her early 20's and still marks the due date and thinks of it as the birthday of her first child. She now has two children and a new baby but doesn't forget that first pregnancy and what her child might have been.

My thoughts go with you and that loving balloon to the stars.

x

BibiThree Tue 30-Sep-08 21:29:37

Thank you all, and I'm sorry to hear about your losses too. Still crying, but feeling less alone with these feelings iykwim.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in