Talk

Advanced search

not sure this is the right topic but nay mind! how do is upport dh through nephews illness?

(4 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sat 27-Sep-08 22:16:06

because i have no idea what to say to him? personally i know i have not accepted that it is over. they are trying to fight it and that is what i am focusing on.

dh is findng it really difficult and has just broke down. he was really upset saying about how its going be nephews last x mas and last birthday and he doesnt think that he will cope with it sad

but what can i say to make him feel better if anything? do i say "lets make it the best we can then" and then its like giving up or "it might not be" when deep down even i know thats not likely sad sad

i dont know what to say, im still trying to figure out how i feel about <devastated obviuosly> im trying to focus on the fact that they are at least trying to treat him.

Onlyjoking Sat 27-Sep-08 22:19:02

just let him talk i guess, it is a crap situation for all of you.

NorthernLurker Sat 27-Sep-08 22:25:43

You can't make it better. Just let him know that he can show everything he's feeling to you and that you both together will support all your family.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sat 27-Sep-08 22:35:05

i have told him he needs to talk about it. he has been bottling it all up and not dealing with it. i have gave him money to go to the pub with as he said he fancied a drink. i know drinking is not the answer but i just want to make him happier. i hate seeing him so upset and i feel powerless as there is nothing i can do or say. sad

he cant talk to anyone but me about it as sil doesnt want anyone to know. so i have no one to talk to either but i can understand why sil is keepong it in the immediate family for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now