Talk

Advanced search

My only Grandma has jsut died ...

(5 Posts)
andyrobo237 Thu 25-Sep-08 13:31:39

She was old and had been unwell for a few weeks, slowly fading away, and I havent seen her for over a year as she had some form of dementia or alzheimers (no diagnosis as family did not want to submit her to tests), and she has no recollection who anyone is.

I can't even go to the funeral as it is too far to travel as I have just had a leg op, and would have to take DC's with me - so feel bad about that.

I think I am just feeling sorry for myself. sad

LoveMyGirls Thu 25-Sep-08 13:33:11

So sorry for you.

Tortington Thu 25-Sep-08 13:34:37

sorry fo your loss

RhinestoneCowgirl Thu 25-Sep-08 13:37:31

Sorry for your loss . My grandfather died nearly 3 yrs ago (he was my last surviving grandparent) and although he was v old and ill, it is still upsetting as you remember the person that they were.

Don't worry about feeling sorry for yourself, just grieve as you need to.

feedmenow Fri 26-Sep-08 18:20:52

Andyrobo, do as much feeling sorry for yourself as you need. x

And don't worry about not being able to go to the funeral. Although they can be therapeutic for saying goodbye they are not essential. You can say your own goodbyes in your own way and it will mean every bit as much as if you went to the funeral.

My nanny died nearly 3 years ago and I still miss her loads, but I think of her with love and happiness and have such wonderful memories......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now