Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone recall name of Internet site for funeral advice mentioned in YOU magazine a few weeks ago

(7 Posts)
redpanda Tue 16-Sep-08 10:33:11

I vaguely remember reading an article about someone who had set up a site for help with funeral advice. I think it was more to do with planning your own funeral so that your relatives would be clear on your intentions, but I'm wondering if it had useful advise/links that might help me in planning a funeral. My father died this weekend so I'm helping plan the funeral service etc..

cathcat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:44:54

So sorry to hear about your dad.

I had a look but could only find a book, not a website. here ~

Extracted from Gentle Dying by Felicity Warner, to be published by Hay House on 22 September, £8.99. To order a copy post-free call the YOU Bookshop on 0845 155 0711, you-bookshop.co.uk

I'm sure someone will be along soon to give more help. Perhaps the merrywidows site has something?

cathcat Tue 16-Sep-08 11:53:17

Age concern has a factsheet about planning a funeral, no.27. Maybe try funerals.co.uk.
A funeral director will be able to help with lots of the organisation.
Are you having a minister leading the service? They will help you plan what you want.
I have been to 2 humanist services this year. Contact them to help with the service - I'm sure local undertakers know who to contact if that if what you want.
Sorry, rambling, hope this helps.

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 16-Sep-08 11:55:46

Natural Death Centre - v good might be helpful.. very sorry about the loss of your dad redpanda

redpanda Tue 16-Sep-08 13:45:53

Thanks for your thoughts and those ideas. I have also read through quite a few threads on the bereavement topic which has really helped in getting ideas for poems, readings etc.

redpanda Tue 16-Sep-08 14:36:26

ok I have eventually found the site I meant it's lastingpost
I think it's mainly intended for individuals to plan ahead (which isn't appropriate for what I need right now), but in the When Death Occurs section under Funeral it has useful lists of hymns, poems, readings, music etc.. when you click on the 'for help in choosing' options. Very good.

cathcat Tue 16-Sep-08 19:51:53

Glad you found it and hope the service goes as well as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now