Talk

Advanced search

music for service

(13 Posts)
MintPattie Mon 15-Sep-08 11:10:15

Hi, I'm hoping mumsnet might be able to help us. Our 4 year old daughter passed away in her sleep on Tuesday night and we are organising her goodbye service. We want to play the Cbeebies Goodnight Theme and we don't know where to find a recording of it. The song is download protected on the Cbeebies site...if anyone can help with a suggestion we would be very grateful

luvaduck Mon 15-Sep-08 12:19:44

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas but just wanted to say how very very sorry I am.
I hope that the service is beautiful
take care
x

feedmenow Mon 15-Sep-08 13:14:21

Mint, I am so sorry to hear that your beautiful daughter has passed away.
Perhaps you could contact the BBC direct? I bet they'd be more than happy to help once they know the circumstances.

If you feel like a bit of online support, there is a thread here for bereaved mums (and nans, dads, aunts, anyone in fact) where we all get to talk about our little angels. If you feel you could get some support and comfort from people who truly understand then we are here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1367/604158

xx

OneLieIn Mon 15-Sep-08 13:16:24

Sorry to hear of your dd mint - ask the BBC, they will definitely be understanding.

big hug to you and your family. xx

Phono Mon 15-Sep-08 13:29:33

Message withdrawn

fryalot Mon 15-Sep-08 13:34:28

mintpattie - so sorry to see this sad

hope you manage to get this sorted for her

Phono Mon 15-Sep-08 13:46:56

Message withdrawn

oopsadaisyangel Mon 15-Sep-08 13:52:26

So sorry for your loss sad

Hope you manage to get the music.

MintPattie Mon 15-Sep-08 21:40:14

Thanks for the support - I posted on another mumsnet thread and someone's very clever DS has managed to find a copy and burn it to CD. We spent the day visiting the crematorium and finding a funeral director - we know nothing about all of this and our heads and hearts are reeling. The service is on Friday and we want to make it a celebration of her life.....any words of wisdom on saying goodbye to a child would be very welcome.

MintPattie Mon 15-Sep-08 21:41:11

Thanks for the support - I posted on another mumsnet thread and sparklygothkat's very clever DS has managed to find a copy and burn it to CD. We spent the day visiting the crematorium and finding a funeral director - we know nothing about all of this and our heads and hearts are reeling. The service is on Friday and we want to make it a celebration of her life.....any words of wisdom on saying goodbye to a child would be very welcome.

Evenstar Mon 15-Sep-08 23:42:18

So sorry for your loss, I have no experience of losing a child, but my DH died at the end of June and I found the local vicar and the funeral director were very helpful with planning the service. DH was a member of a choir and they sang at the service, and we chose some of his favourite hymns and music. There are some good websites for funeral readings, we just googled funeral readings, or maybe there were short poems that were personal favourites of your DD's. I would say just go with your instincts and make it really personal to her. Hope somebody else will come along with more specific help for you. Thinking of you and wishing you strength for the days to come xx

avenanap Mon 15-Sep-08 23:54:18

I'm so sorry sad. I can't imagine the pain that you and your family are going through now. I would just say how much she has changed your life, about the joy that she has brought you and your family.

feedmenow Tue 16-Sep-08 15:12:31

Mint, so glad you got a copy.

My daughter was stillborn so although there wasn't a life of this world to celebrate, that is still what I wanted to do.

In fact, the funeral and whole day was lovely for our dd, and a wonderful way for us to say goodbye.

We are non-religious, but I made up an "order of service" that included a poem written by my dd1 (9), a picture drawn by my ds (6) and some words from me.

After the service, we went back to my parents where we effectively had a party. The pinnacle (at least to me) was when we released balloons that we'd had printed with "Too beautiful for earth...". Dp and I said a few words about our baby girl, then everyone released their balloons and we stood and watched them soar for miles. It was a very sad day but as beautiful as I could have wanted it to be.

Anyway, I hope you find the right way for you all to celebrate your dd's life and to say goodbye in a way that you and she would be proud of. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now