Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Abdominal bloating after ERPC

(10 Posts)
DecafArabica Thu 24-Feb-05 00:21:47

I've done an archive search and noticed that several people have had this--how long did it last and did anything help? Since the op (last Thursday)my stomach's been really bloated and uncomfortable and I've got loads of wind, occasional stomach pains and some loose poos. Feels a bit like IBS. I have some acidophilus but it isn't helping. No other nasty symptoms like fever, severe pains etc though. But it does seem to be getting worse.

DecafArabica Thu 24-Feb-05 00:31:52

And now DH says he has it too, which makes me think perhaps it's actually stress-related...

sallystrawberry Thu 24-Feb-05 00:35:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

george32 Thu 24-Feb-05 00:43:12

Hi Arabica, So glad you are through the op now. I was told that the anaethetic can cause bowel & wind problems after the op as not all of it goes to your lungs. Didn't last long though, in my case.

dramaqueen72 Thu 24-Feb-05 01:03:49

oh yes, had this, and it really hurts!!! but it didnt stay for long......about a week? bit longer. off and on.
rest, hot water bottles, pain killers. take it easy on yourself.
if you cant drink peppermint tea- try just hot water(boiled that is!) sounds weird i'm sure but its 'top tip' for IBS, or anything like IBS.
sorry youve been thro this too.

DecafArabica Thu 24-Feb-05 01:06:27

Thanks! (parrrrrp!!!!)

suzywong Thu 24-Feb-05 03:14:35

sorry to hear you've been through this
another vote for peppermint and fennel is meant to be good too

do try and keep off your feet as much as possible

DecafArabica Thu 24-Feb-05 17:51:56

I think the antibiotics I was prescribed can cause IBS symptoms too. I finish them tomorrow so maybe the bloats will go then...hope so!

DecafArabica Sat 26-Feb-05 18:24:36

phew. Stoke Newington residents can breathe again. Much better now.

dramaqueen72 Sat 26-Feb-05 21:17:31

glad to hear it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now