Talk

Advanced search

God bless you Dad- Rest in peace

(29 Posts)
yorkiemom Fri 12-Sep-08 19:36:55

This really carries on from my previous thread, where I will always be eternally grateful for all the kind words and support I received.

My lovely Dad finally lost his fight to pancreatic cancer on Wednesday the 10th September at 6.25pm.
He was at home, in his own bed with all his family around him- His mom and dad, wife, 8 children, and our lovely Macmillan Nurse Tina.

I just wanted to put it in writing really how much I love you Dad, and always will.

Bless you Dad, and rest in peace xxx

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 12-Sep-08 19:37:48

I am so sorry for your loss yorkiemom

sad

R I P

masalachameleon Fri 12-Sep-08 19:38:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dustystar Fri 12-Sep-08 19:40:26

So sorry for you loss.

fedupandisolated Fri 12-Sep-08 19:43:19

So sorry for your loss yorkiemom. Just so glad for your Dad that he was able to be in his own bed at home with his beloved family all around him.

Much love to you and your family.

Tigerschick Fri 12-Sep-08 19:43:58

So sorry for your loss
x

twinsetandpearls Fri 12-Sep-08 19:44:15

I will include you in my prayers.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 12-Sep-08 19:44:26

Sorry for your loss, yorkiemom sad

Sidge Fri 12-Sep-08 19:46:12

I'm sorry your dad has died sad

I hope he had a peaceful end surrounded by all those that love him.

mashedbanana Sat 13-Sep-08 11:52:11

he is now at peace x so sorry for your loss x

DrHorrible Sat 13-Sep-08 12:12:50

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nickytwotimes Sat 13-Sep-08 12:14:41

sad for you yorkiemum.
Glad you were all there with him.
I hope you get lots of support from each other.

Buda Sat 13-Sep-08 12:23:01

sad for you yorkiemum. So sorry for your loss.

trulymadlydeeply Sat 13-Sep-08 14:40:55

So sorry he's gone, Yorkiemum, but hope he's found peace.

xxx

Onlyjoking Sat 13-Sep-08 20:58:19

sorry he had to go i know you will be feeling allsorts of things, i hope that one day you will be able to take comfort from knowing you did the best you could for him and that you were able to be with him until the end.

spudmasher Sat 13-Sep-08 21:10:10

Oh yorkiemom I really do empathise. You did the most you possibly could and you should feel very proud and satisfied with that. I am sure you will have spent moments of great love and closeness during those final days. I hope the sad memories of the awful illness fade quickly to make way for the wonderful memories you will have of your dad in better health. Much love to you at this sad time.

Blandmum Sat 13-Sep-08 21:11:08

I'm so sorry to read this

mshadowsisfab Sat 13-Sep-08 21:12:37

very sorry for your loss
(2shoes)

Elasticwoman Sat 13-Sep-08 21:26:14

His suffering has ended. Be comforted by his memory, yorkiemum.

yorkiemom Sun 14-Sep-08 20:24:57

It is a sort of comfort that we were all there at the end, and hopefully my dad knew he was loved so very much, and even his own mom and dad were there.
But atthe moment I can't get those last pictures out of my head. I can see the pain and confusion in my dad's eyes, and I will never forge what its like to watch someone take their last breath, it was just so bloody awful.

I'm not sure if I want to go and see dad in the chapel of rest on Friday, his funeral is the following Monday. I don't know if he will look better (sounds stupid I know!) , but I keep thinking it will be my last chance to give him a kiss. I really want to hold his hand. I don't know.

What I do know is that I'm going to get involved in the charity our local hospital run into upper G I cancers. Having never had anyone close even have cancer I really never understood what a cruel illness, and there has to be some way to dectect these silent cancers sooner.
I hope in a little time I'll be able to face the hospital without my dad by my side, as its been for the past 9 months.

I'm rambling again now, so will go and get my PJ'S on and write my ds birthday card, he's 4 tomorrow, and with everything I have'nt even got him a present!
So it's shopping tomorrow, no matter how crap I feel, its the little bugger's birthday, dad, as you called him.

Goodnight
xxx

Rubyrubyruby Sun 14-Sep-08 20:27:32

Helsbels4 Sun 14-Sep-08 20:34:52

Hi yorkiemom, its a really tough decision whether you go and see your dad in the chapel of rest or not as everyone feels things differently. I went to see my mum after she died and although it was horrendous to see her lying in a coffin not looking how she did when she was alive (they hadn't done her hair right!) I'm so glad that I had that final chance to kiss her and tell her I love her etc. My dad and two brothers were with me and we put little knick-knacks in with her such as photos and little notes and things. It really is down to you though and how you see things. It is an incredibly difficult time and my heart goes out to you, it really does.

toodles Sun 14-Sep-08 20:39:32

So sorry for your loss Yorkiemom.
May your father's memory be eternal.

Rubyrubyruby Sun 14-Sep-08 20:41:44

supercollider Sun 14-Sep-08 20:45:05

Very sorry to hear this yorkiemom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now