Talk

Advanced search

Missing the magnificent 7

(10 Posts)
MoreSpamThanGlam Wed 03-Sep-08 18:38:30

some of you know about his suicide and the fact that he was one of my best friends. Its been almost a month and I miss him so much. Everything seems different.

I dont have much to say today, except I really really miss him sad

Twiglett Wed 03-Sep-08 18:40:55

I am sorry for you it is particularly hard to deal with such a senseless loss. Suicide is such a selfish act and such a desperate one.

Of course you miss him.

You will always miss him.

But it will get easier.

mufti Wed 03-Sep-08 18:41:31

have you been to the funeral mstg, i lost someone to suicide, its such a strange feeling.

lulumama Wed 03-Sep-08 18:43:34

it is such early days. if someone was a big part of your life, and tehy are suddenly gone, and in such a terrible way, then you need time to process it. take time to remember the good times and the fun things you did together too

MoreSpamThanGlam Wed 03-Sep-08 18:55:49

I know all the "cliches". I try and remember the good times and it just hurts even more.

Funeral was just wrong. Was crap in fact. Not funny, impersonnal and awkward. His wife was there with her bitch of a friend. Im suprised I didnt kill her tbh.

I got roaring drunk and got in at 7 in the morning.

I dont think I will get to see his girls again and that is heartbreaking. My phone is oddly quiet too.

Nothing new to say really. Nothing new at all, and I suppose suicide of a friend is not as important as the natural death of a spouse or parent or child.

Anyway. Thanks for listening x

lulumama Wed 03-Sep-08 18:57:14

of course it is important. there are no rules about how upset yuo are allowed to be. a man took his own life, you had no warning , and you have a void in your own life now. you have every right to be devastated

mufti Wed 03-Sep-08 18:59:30

have you considered cruse bereavement counselling?
of course it is as important to you. death is intensely personal , no 2 people , even siblings will have had the same relationship with the deseaced.

MoreSpamThanGlam Wed 03-Sep-08 19:06:23

I had counselling about the death of my grandfather, whom I nursed at home until he died of lung cancer. But this seems so different, so surreal, so wrong. Unnatural.
its ok. im fine. Just needed to get it out. Im ok now. Honest. Thanks.

Mercy Wed 03-Sep-08 19:12:49

I remember your thread. I was really shocked.

I'd only 'seen' him a few times (and liked his style)

It's very early days. Are you in contact with any other of his friends or family members?

mufti Wed 03-Sep-08 19:55:34

mstg, it is wrong and it is unnatural.
you knew you were going to lose your grandfather, this was totally out of the blue, and you probably are still in shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now