Talk

Advanced search

Bereavement Poetry - Anniversary

(3 Posts)
MelMenzies Thu 24-Jul-08 21:29:58

Tomorrow will be the anniversary of my daughter's death. It's now over ten years since she died, but you never forget. I'm going to post a poem on my own website blog in memory of her. You can read it at www.melmenzies.co.uk For every mum who has ever lost a child, young or old, you can, one day, be reunited if you just believe. Death is but a door.

Portofino Thu 24-Jul-08 22:14:15

Oh sad! Don't know what to say really but felt that should respond to your post. This really is the ultimate awfulness for any parent and I though I cannot imagine what pain you have been through i can only offer hugs.....I hope your strength and your love for her will get you through a difficult day...

MelMenzies Wed 30-Jul-08 21:39:10

Thank you Portofino. I was fine until my youngest daughter rang me. She was icing birthday cakes for her twins and, unthinkingly, she made a throwaway remark about me only having to do one (at a time, is what she meant). Before I knew it I was in floods of tears. It just took me right back to the birthdays of the daughter I lost. I'm fine again now. I still have a lovely daughter and grandchildren.
Mel www.melmenzies.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now