Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I have your help please, not sure about this card.

(9 Posts)
MaureenMLove Sat 19-Jul-08 19:57:01

My friends mum died last night and during a chat with her in the week, she told me that her dad was set on just red roses on her coffin, because they were her favourite flowers.

So, I make cards and I though that, rather than the usual card style, I'd simply paint a single red rose. I've only got red cards though, do you think a red card is suitable or should I go and get some white ones? I'm seeing christmas everytime I look at the card, because I usually use red for Christmas.

Am I making sense? Bereavement cards are generally white, do you think it will look out of place and maybe a bit wrong?

windygalestoday Sat 19-Jul-08 19:59:55

i think white sort of symbolises peace - i do think white card would look v striking with a red rose painted on- very thoughtful of you maureen,i agree red might look too festive.

maidamess Sat 19-Jul-08 20:00:09

I think it would be lovely, and very personal to her.

nickytwotimes Sat 19-Jul-08 20:00:48

That is a lovely idea maureen.
Tbh, I don't think the colour matters - might be apt that it is red to match the rose(s).

MaureenMLove Sat 19-Jul-08 20:04:55

Hmm. Thanks guys. I think that rather than rush it out tonight, I'll go and get some white ones tomorrow. It would look quiite striking on white, I think.

Its glass paints on assetate that I use, so it'll be really bright and shiney too. I made her mum a 'thinking of you' card with a butterfly on it last week. I hadn't realised hoow symbolic a butterfly was, until I'd done it. And people think I just throw my act together!

MamaG Sat 19-Jul-08 20:06:47

How thoughtful of you Mo

I agree, a white card would be lovely

MaureenMLove Sat 19-Jul-08 20:33:20

smile

Shall I do 2? One for dad and one for my friend. Without sounding like I'm boasting, they would look quite nice in a frame. No words on the front, just a single red rose in an oval white boarder.

windygalestoday Sat 19-Jul-08 21:10:26

i think theyd be a subtle mememto to be treasured

Kbear Sun 20-Jul-08 11:40:35

Great idea Mo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now