Talk

Advanced search

Missing my friend.

(12 Posts)
cathcat Thu 10-Jul-08 16:29:06

It would have been my friend's wedding day today but she died 13 months ago. She would have been a beautiful bride. It feels so wrong that she is not here. Her family and fiance are struggling without her, they miss her so much.
Thanks for reading,I just needed to say what was on my mind.

McDreamy Thu 10-Jul-08 16:30:31

So sorry about your friend. How sad sad

Not sure what else to say except I have read your post and you are not alone on here.

Evenstar Thu 17-Jul-08 00:16:56

This is very hard for you, my mother lost a friend to cancer nearly 20 years ago now and I know she often thinks of her. It must be a very strange feeling knowing that she would have been a bride today had she lived. I will say a prayer for her and for you tonight.

thumbwitch Thu 17-Jul-08 00:23:12

for you and for them. So sorry for your pain

Califrau Thu 17-Jul-08 00:37:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HumphreyCushioni Thu 17-Jul-08 00:40:59

sad

KerryMum Thu 17-Jul-08 00:42:35

so sorry about your friend.

Joolyjoolyjoo Thu 17-Jul-08 00:44:23

That's so sad. My cousin's fiancee died leaving a 12-wk old baby. She was buried in her wedding dress. Life just seems so unfair at times, doesn't it? sad

KerryMum Thu 17-Jul-08 12:37:09

how are you today cath?

cathcat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:40:25

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.
It has been a hard thing to talk about in RL because people don't know what to say, apart from a close mutual friend.
Today I took down the card from her service and a couple of cards she sent me in the weeks before she died; in fact one came just 3 days before. I don't know why, it just seemed the right time, and another bridge crossed.

Joolyjoolyjoo - that is so tragic. I am crying just thinking about that and her poor baby. what happened if you don't mind me asking?
Evenstar - thank you for posting at this time that must be so hard for you ; so sorry for your loss. (Crying again...)x

Joolyjoolyjoo Thu 17-Jul-08 22:51:04

My cousin's fiancee was only 23. They were due to get married, then she fell pregnant, which my aunt etc were NOT happy about. The family wanted to bring the wedding forward, but she wanted to wait until the baby was born. They had bought a house, and rebooked the wedding. Their son was 12 wks, and she was due to go back to work the next week. Aparently she had always had a heart condition, which was deemed to be benign, but one day she drove into a car park, and just died sad. My cousin was absolutely devastated- it was awful. He moved back in with my aunt and uncle, and between them they have brought his ds up to be a lovely happy wee boy, thank God. He is 6 now, and they seem to be moving on with their lives, but obviously the tragedy has changed things from how they should have been. It does really make you realise just how precious and fragile life is, doesn't it?

I know what you mean about it being hard to talk about- a lot of people seem really ill at ease with talking about it, yet it is like a big huge elephant in the room, and it feels awkward NOT to talk about it sometimes, I think. I think it is right to remember your friend. In time, you remember more of the happy stuff and less of the sad, and it gets easier to talk about. I hope this happens for you. Was your friend's death unexpected? (no worries if you don't want to go into it)

cathcat Thu 17-Jul-08 23:58:46

Yes it was very unexpected, it was a car accident on her way to work. They had just booked the wedding 2 days before. I think the contrast between the happiness of that and then the tragedy of losing her was really overwhelming for everyone that knew her. Her fiance is devastated too and it is so hard because there are limits to what we can do to help.
That is such a sad story about your cousin's fiancee but so nice to hear that her son is happy and at least she lives on in him, I think that is a consoling thought and a comfort to your cousin and her parents?
Has he been able to meet anyone else at all? It makes me feel wretched to think that my friend's fiance will grieve forever for her, does that make sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now