Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A friend has died, but I can't go to his funeral.

(12 Posts)
PrettyCandles Sun 16-Jan-05 20:48:23

Just heard that a friend died earlier this week. We hadn't seen much of each other in recent years, but we used to be very close. His funeral is tomorrow but I can't go because I can't find babysitting for ds and dd.

So, please, because I can't share my goodbyes with our mutual friends, can I share them with you?

Goodbye Brin. You have been a wonderful friend - kind, compassionate, strong and intelligent and funny. You never wanted to burden us with your problems and yet you accepted what we had to give with grace and happiness. I love you and will remember you forever.

Thanks.

nikcola Sun 16-Jan-05 20:48:59

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} hugs to you pc xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 16-Jan-05 20:50:02

Lovely words pc.

misdee Sun 16-Jan-05 20:50:39

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

i always feel that its not always nesscery to say goodbye at a funeral, as long as you say goodbye in some way IYKWIM.

spod Sun 16-Jan-05 20:51:22

sorry to hear your news, of course you can share your goodbyes here. bless you. perhaps you know a mumsnetter who could sit for you?

NameChangingMancMidlander Sun 16-Jan-05 20:52:43

So sorry, PC . I hope tomorrow goes according to plan and that Brin gets a good send-off. Hugs to you xx

Hausfrau Sun 16-Jan-05 21:02:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hulababy Sun 16-Jan-05 21:11:11

(((hugs)))

RTKangaMummy Sun 16-Jan-05 21:24:32

PrettyCandles

sending cyberhugs to you PC {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}

Brin what a beautiful name

bluebear Sun 16-Jan-05 21:34:33

Hi PC - sorry sweetheart - that he's gone, and that you can't get to the funeral.
Lovely message, and I'm sure he knew how loved he was.

BB xxx

JanH Sun 16-Jan-05 21:55:27

So sad that you can't go, pc. Your memories will keep him with you.

PrettyCandles Mon 17-Jan-05 09:11:21

Thankyou, everyone, for your kind responses. Thanks, BB, for letting us know - sorry I didn't call back last night, but I was too cut up about it to talk. Thank goodness for Mumsnet!

Brin was very ill for many years, but his attitude always seemed to be 'so what?' and he took so much enjoyment from life without being in any way wild. He was a wonderful mentor.

It would be selfish of me just to talk aout Brin in relationship to me, because he had a ds and a dd (whom I don't know) and a dw (whom I know, but not very well). I hope they are surrounded by good friends and love on what's no doubt going to be a very difficult day for them. I shall write to them today...the least I could do, I suppose .

Thank you everyone, for listening and responding so kindly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now