Talk

Advanced search

Condolences card, should I send Christmas card too?

(9 Posts)
roisin Tue 21-Dec-04 21:28:01

My boss's mum died at the weekend, funeral on Thursday. I've got a condolences card for him, and don't feel comfortable sending a "Have a happy Christmas" card as well ... Do you think that is that OK?

OhComeLetUsADiorHim Tue 21-Dec-04 21:31:58

It might seem to counteract the thoughtfulness of the condolence card if you did.

Yorkiegirl Tue 21-Dec-04 21:32:44

Message withdrawn

TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Tue 21-Dec-04 21:39:34

I think it would be sad to not send a christmas card too .. although it would have to be carefully worded

its almost by losing his mother, he's not entitled to christmas

maybe get a nice blank card and write something along the lines of 'wishing you peace over the christmas season' ??

I don't know ..its quite a tough one isn't it

roisin Tue 21-Dec-04 21:47:29

He's very big on 'etiquette', so I want to do the 'proper' thing.

The business is just me and him in an office, so I am well aware how hard these weeks have been for him, and he knows I care. But it's my first Christmas with the company, and I don't want to do the wrong thing.

I thought maybe I would get him a belated Christmas card and present in January when we go out for our postponed Christmas meal.

Yorkiegirl Tue 21-Dec-04 21:48:11

Message withdrawn

tillykins Tue 21-Dec-04 21:50:18

I think theHollyandtheTwiglett has a good idea, sort of like combining a condolence card and a christmas card

artyjoe Tue 21-Dec-04 21:57:01

I had someone very close die at this time of year and, for my own personal experience, christmas was cancelled that year and I found presents/cards etc really upsetting. Just one point of view though.

StuffTheMagicTurkey Tue 21-Dec-04 22:04:15

I think a condolence card and a separate "muted" Christmas card is sensible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: