do i need to see the doctor ?

(19 Posts)
notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 18:07:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
belgo Sun 13-Jan-08 18:10:31

yes you should see a doctor. The chances are it will all happen naturally but you should speak to your doctor anyway.

Having said that, I have a friend who miscarried at 8 weeks and didn't see a doctor, she was fine.

When i miscarrieda at 6 weeks, I bled heavily for 6 days.

notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 18:11:56

deenymcqueenygoreandguts Sun 13-Jan-08 18:14:10

Just to check for retained products really.
Could become infected.
Also sometimes you can be left with a "raw" area which continues to bleed, this could be dodgy.

To be on the safe side, just pop to the Docs.

lljkk Sun 13-Jan-08 18:14:51

I don't know if a scan will be essential, but there's a chance of placenta tissue being retained. If it doesn't leave your body completely it can rot, leading to gangrene. That could mean all sorts of dramatic complications. Awful hard as it may be for you, it's worth getting checked out.

notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 18:16:12

notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 18:27:20

deenymcqueenygoreandguts Sun 13-Jan-08 18:28:25

Gutte and angry...yes. Understandable and necisary really as well.

sad for you,

notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 18:32:43

deenymcqueenygoreandguts Sun 13-Jan-08 18:35:55

shocked at bieng gutted about losing a baby!
Did you think that you could just "get on with it"?
Lovey, it took me 2 years to get over losing my baby, what you are feeling is normal and natural.
You are entitled to be hurt.
Its what happens, its called grief.
x

kittywise Sun 13-Jan-08 18:37:11

sad for you {{{hugs}}}. I've had 6 m/c all in all and although sometimes I had scans to confirm that the baby had died etc I never had a scan to check that everything was emptied out afterwards.

it was always alright.

I don't think it is necessary that you go to see the doctor, as long as you are not feeling unwell. If you do become unwell then obviously you should go.

notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 18:37:45

deenymcqueenygoreandguts Sun 13-Jan-08 18:41:08

well then, is it my fault that i lost my 2?

Is it heck!

Nothing i did made me lose those babies, it just happened.
Just like nothing you did made you lose yours.
You would have lost it any way, even if you really really really wanted it from the get go with all of your heart.
I know what you mean tho, i thought that when it happened to me.

kittywise Sun 13-Jan-08 18:45:52

notjustmom, I thought that after a couple of mine "if only I'd wanted them enough, they wouldn't have left me" it was my way of trying to make sense out of something that we can never understand.

You had nothing to do with it. Miscarriages happen and usually for a reason, but you are not a part of that reason.

notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 18:49:16

belgo Sun 13-Jan-08 19:01:00

notjustmom - what you are feeling is normal - because I'm feeling that too. That it's not fair, that it's because of something I've done wrong. And it hurts, a lot.

But that's just the way it is. It's not our fault, it's not due to anything we've done wrong. But you're right when you say it's unfair.

notjustmom Sun 13-Jan-08 19:05:25

kittywise Sun 13-Jan-08 19:37:33

It will get better, give it time.

pinkdolly Mon 14-Jan-08 11:19:16

Notjustmom- I also was upset when I found out I was pg with my 4th. But got used to it and was actually excited. Just on that I had a scan last fri and found out the baby was dead. I should have been 11 + 3 weeks and the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. In a cruel twist of fate, the baby had already gone the day I found out I was pg. I spent the whole day being angry, feeling guilty, cheated. I wanted to scream and shout, I cried and cried all day.

I had 2 not so bad days on sat and sun, and today I'm just feeling awful again.

I dont know when it's going to get better, but I know it will.

I wish I could offer you some really encouraging words. I just wanted to let you know that you are not going through this alone. And try not to beat yourself up about it, this was not your fault.

I hope you are feeling a bit stronger today, sending you my thoughts and hugs.

pink

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in