Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mum passed away in July , first time I have listened to this song since the funeral , first time I have wanted to.

(10 Posts)
CaptainUnderpants Wed 19-Sep-07 22:12:17

This is a beautiful song and no doubt has been played many times at funerals.

Listen to it and kiss your children goodnight .

Feeling a bit low tonight , sorry sad

mama

moondog Wed 19-Sep-07 22:13:18

sad

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 19-Sep-07 22:15:48

Oh sweet sad

6 years on, my mum still struggles when she hears a certain Engelbert Humperdink song. She cant walk down the street she used to live on without freezing.

x

catrin Thu 20-Sep-07 15:26:16

Know how you are feeling - my lovely mum died 11 weeks ago. I miss her so very much xx

lulabelle Mon 24-Sep-07 15:06:14

What a beautiful song, it made me cry, I'm so sorry for you, x

geekgirl Mon 24-Sep-07 18:26:51

beautiful song

my mum is dying and I usually just 'hold it together' at the moment, this made me cry

jhyesmum Tue 02-Oct-07 08:43:45

Hi, I hope you don't mind me butting in and i know the last post was a while back.

My wonderful mum passed away in May and we had the same song at her funeral.

It says everything. It's perfect isn't it?

Geekgirl - i really feel for you. There's nothing wrong with breaking sometimes. xxx

heifer Tue 02-Oct-07 09:08:01

thank you for posting such a lovely song, I have never heard it before.

My mum passed away almost 2 years ago and I miss her soo much.

I was just sat here crying listening to the song when my DD (3.9) came up to me and put her arms around me and asked what was wrong..

I told her I was listening to a sad song, and she asked if it was about her nana..

heifer Tue 02-Oct-07 09:09:49

so she gives me a really nice cuddle, says she really misses her nana, then says we all have to die sometimes and jumps down and runs off to play again.. if only I could turned my emotions off like that!

jhyesmum Tue 02-Oct-07 09:45:19

Bless her heart. My DS (7), was so close to my mum. They had such a special bond. He misses her so much too.

We also had the song Goodbye's (the hardest word) by Celine Dion. It's on You Tube, but I don't know how to paste it on here.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now