Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oh shit. Very good work friend om mine had m/c and another colleague puts bloody foot in it by text. Cue hysterical girl in the office all day.........

(18 Posts)
DrNortherner Mon 17-Sep-07 16:30:24

She had a M/C yesterday, we share an office and have done for 3 years. Very good pals. I was first at work she announced her PG to. She called me yesterday with her sad news sad Let's call her Anne.

Anyway, got into work today to find this other call sobbing hysterically in the loo's with loads of other huddled round comforting her. Turns out she intended to text a pal but instead sent it to Anne, it read:

'Looking forward to catching up on WEds, I'll cook tea. PS Anne lost the baby!!!!!' (yes she used 5 exclamation marks)

So you can imagine how upset Anne was to receive this. She promptly called the girl in tears and gave her a piece of her mind.

So she has sobbed and wailed all day, saying she is so upset and can't concentrate.

I know tomorrow I will want to scream at her for being so insensitive. Would I be wrong?

hertsnessex Mon 17-Sep-07 16:35:29

bit confused were ppl huddling round the lady who lost her baby or the one who text?

bit wierd she text another friend about it and used exclamation marks - was she jealous of the pregnant lady.....

goingfor3 Mon 17-Sep-07 16:36:28

I would ask her about the exclamation marks, what did she mean by them.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 17-Sep-07 16:37:53

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Mon 17-Sep-07 16:38:21

Message withdrawn

mummydoit Mon 17-Sep-07 16:39:43

Could it be that the exclamation marks were meant to convey shock? I don't think Anne should be angry or upset that the fact that her loss as mentioned in the text. I would certainly pass on news about a mutual friend losing a baby, simply because I wouldn't want anyone inadvertently asking how the pregnancy was going.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 17-Sep-07 16:40:12

Message withdrawn

Mercy Mon 17-Sep-07 16:40:19

Was going to say the same thing as cod.

Also, I think it's best to leave between the 2 women to sort out amongst themselves tbh.

lulumama Mon 17-Sep-07 16:40:49

using it as an addendum and then adding exclamation marks is really crass

it is not idle chat or tittle tattle

she needs to use some discretion and check who she is texting before she presses send

FluffyMummy123 Mon 17-Sep-07 16:47:03

Message withdrawn

DaisyMOO Mon 17-Sep-07 16:48:41

If I sent an insensitive text like that (unlikely as I never have my mobile charged!) I would send flowers and a grovelly card. How awful for both of them sad

FluffyMummy123 Mon 17-Sep-07 16:49:24

Message withdrawn

quadrophenia Mon 17-Sep-07 16:50:08

Anne would still be upset at work or not, as she would have received the text anywhere

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 17-Sep-07 16:52:17

I always think it's best not to text or email anything that could cause offence/that you wouldn't want another person to see, just in case...or am I very neurotic ?

quadrophenia Mon 17-Sep-07 16:53:21

I agree, am pretty certain i would offend someone, but then i don't have a mobile phone, get paranoid about stuff i type on here though, so mainly post in chat!

DrNortherner Mon 17-Sep-07 16:54:23

No No No. Girl who M/c not at work.

Girl sobbing at work was texting girl.

morningpaper Mon 17-Sep-07 16:55:38

of course it would be offensive for your personal grief to be assigned to someone else's p.s. and office gossip!!!!!! But that is the way life is.

I agree the flowers would be a nice gesture but also not take sides - there was nothing malicious in it

DrNortherner Mon 17-Sep-07 16:56:54

But yes Cod typical girls i office scenario.

I am miffed cause upset for friend who is feeeling sad over M/C.

Then had to put up with texting girl shoulder heaving sobbing at desk and everyone comforting her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now