Talk

Advanced search

How would you explain to a 4yo the concept of "internment of ashes" 2 weeks after a funeral?

(10 Posts)
Waswondering Sun 16-Sep-07 20:29:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tassisssss Sun 16-Sep-07 20:55:33

man, that's hard, hadn't realised ds was going to be there

no idea what i'd say...maybe grandad didn't need his body anymore because we get new bodies in heaven (cue 3 millions questions about heaven!)then just call it a special service to say goodbye to grandad and thank god for him type thing (and not elaborate on what exactly is being buried)

this might be OK with a 3 year old and possibly some 4 year olds, but i'm guessing your ds will want to know all the details!

cluelessnchaos Sun 16-Sep-07 20:55:50

When my mum died, we told dd1 aged 3 that we were burying grannies spirit, so that we always knew where it was and could always go back to it, didnt mention any of the mechanics of ashes.

Waswondering Sun 16-Sep-07 20:58:07

tassisssss Sun 16-Sep-07 20:59:14

I'd not take him if you don't have to.

Waswondering Sun 16-Sep-07 20:59:18

Waswondering Sun 16-Sep-07 21:00:26

pastilla Sun 16-Sep-07 21:01:49

we're doing the same this sunday but i'm leaving the ds's behind for exactly that reason, it's awkward isn't it? anyhow, even though they didn't go to the funeral, they knew all about it and i feel like they've 'done that' now so they've accepted he's gone and in their minds is buried. i can't face the questions all over again

much sympathy for you loss also

Waswondering Sun 16-Sep-07 21:02:37

Waswondering Sun 16-Sep-07 21:03:09

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: