Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My stepmums death - just wanting to talk about it

(7 Posts)
mummag Fri 17-Aug-07 23:27:41

am not sure why i am talking about this on here. But my stepmum died in june and i really really miss her. She was a special lady and always very kind to me. I find it very very hard to talk about her without cryin and i have three young children so that is not really an option. My dad is very upset but he and i are the same in that neither of us wants to make the other cry. I am so angry, she went so quickly in the end and i miss her and want to talk to her about all the things we used to. Dont know that there is anything that anyone can say but have felt really down and strange ever since.

Pinkchampagne Fri 17-Aug-07 23:45:34

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your stepmum. It is so hard when you lose someone you love isn't it?

McEdam Fri 17-Aug-07 23:48:27

Oh, Mummag, that is tough - not only losing your stepmum but not being able to talk about her.

mamama Sat 18-Aug-07 00:02:04

I'm so sorry mummag. There will always be MNers here for you. SOmetimes just writing things down really helps.

mummag Sat 18-Aug-07 00:10:15

thanks it means alot that there are people out there. It is hard cus i used to text her about silly things the children say all day and i often think oh i must tell jo that and then i remember. Am also breastfeeding and finding that so much more exhausting this time round so think that is not helping me cope, very prone to wanting to cry and seem to do so when docs or health visitors ask me how i am. Was very lucky to have such a great relationship really. Have lost grandparents before but never lost someone so close to me, neither has my lovely partner so he doesnt know what to say to me. On the positive side am getting to really see my dad as an individual and hope that when its not so painful we will be able to have some great chats about her. Thanks again

Pinkchampagne Sat 18-Aug-07 00:17:46

There is always someone here to talk to, mummag.

Bubble99 Sat 18-Aug-07 00:28:38

Sorry to hear this, mummag. Sounds as though you've lost a great friend, as well as a stepmum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now