leading on from the bleeding when wiping thread - any hope?

(20 Posts)
pipsqueeke Mon 30-Jul-07 17:51:39

this one here

the bleeding is now red, and heavier still no real pain - noty like prev m/c's but a dull ache on and off in the pelvic area i'm pretty much resigned to the fact I will m/c - is ther any hope? still testing pos - not sure if that's good or bad?

OP’s posts: |
NAB3 Mon 30-Jul-07 17:59:20

Stop doing tests. I had positives even though it had gone. Is it your first? If so, it could be everything stretching and settling down. There is still hope. Hope it turns out okay.

lucykate Mon 30-Jul-07 18:09:17

don't bother with tests, you can still test positive up to a month after a m/c. if i were you, bed rest until the scan in the morning (am i right in thinking from your other thread you have a scan booked for then?) don't be alarmed if bleeding seems heavier in the morning, it can pool overnight. with dd, i bled until 23 weeks pg, had quite a bad bleed at 6-8 weeks, put it down to the placenta tearing away slightly inside.

pipsqueeke Mon 30-Jul-07 18:51:18

nabs- no 2nd. have been haviong the odd pain every now/aagin - so thoughtt hat was just streching etc.

won't do any more tests - that's the epu asking me this am if I was testin pos or not still.

lucy - yes scan booked for 9-9.30. i'm really hoping but not holding out much hope

beansprout Mon 30-Jul-07 18:52:27

There's still hope. It's not over until it's over. You aren't having a full blown AF and many women have some bleeding in early pregnancy. Think positive thoughts and be really kind to yourself this evening

belgo Mon 30-Jul-07 18:54:04

the waiting part is the worst. Look after yourself, and I hope it all works out ok.

pipsqueeke Tue 31-Jul-07 07:09:01

thanks for your well wishes didn't saleep too well still v teary, don't really feel pg anymore- but tbh didn't really have any sympoms to start with. bleeding saeems to be a hell of a loit lighter def not bright red still and certainly not as much as i'd have expectesd for over night when wiping this am - hoping that's all good signs?

beanie (((hugs))) you've been really good to me the last 2 days.

pipsqueeke Tue 31-Jul-07 10:15:57

bad news form me i'm afraid, baby was 9mm big but unfortunatly dies about a week ago now have to decideed if to go naturally or have an op

Springflower Tue 31-Jul-07 11:19:15

Sorry to hear that. I had been following your thread and hoping that things would work out for you. I know its hard deciding what to do for the best re. op or natural. I think its very individual. What did you do before? Take care of yourself, you must still be in shock.

pipsqueeke Tue 31-Jul-07 11:52:09

one of each - I think this time it's all happening naturally have passed a jelly sac type thing - am assuming is baby/sac? now just bleeding. have to ring epu agaion tomorrow for another scan to make sure all is gone.

belgo Tue 31-Jul-07 13:25:22

pipsqueeke - so sorry to hear you are going through this - I also had a miscarriage a week ago a seven weeks - everything happened very similar as it is to you. I passed the 'sac', and then bled heavily for 5 days, taking painkillers and trying to get as much rest as possible. I then had a scan to make sure it was all out, I found that very distressing, fortunately everything was declared fine and I didn't need an operation.

Take care, I hope someone is there with you.

smilesattheweekend Tue 31-Jul-07 13:46:01

Sorry Pipsqueek - I was exactly the same as belgo.

((((((Hugs)))))

pipsqueeke Tue 31-Jul-07 13:53:34

belgo I remember you yes (((hugs)))

DH and mum are with me so that's ok - I keep thinking what could I have done differntly what should I have done. hoping I won't need the op tbh

Glimmer Tue 31-Jul-07 13:57:43

Dear Pipsqueeke,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It seems your body is taking care of it and if it happens naturally I think I would go with it. I opted last year for an ERPC and due to complications it took me 6 months to recover. Based on my experience I would never, ever go for an ERPPC again abnd if so, make sure you know about the risks and get good aftercare!
Lots of strenth to you in this difficult time.

JARM Tue 31-Jul-07 13:59:21

Again, all i can do is say how sorry i am sweetie.

Thinking of you, off to asda now, but will be about later xx

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 15:42:23

So sorry to hear this. Was so hoping for a happy ending.

JARM Tue 31-Jul-07 15:55:49

am back from asda if you need me x

fawkeoff Tue 31-Jul-07 16:02:04

pipsquuek am so sorry for u >>>>>>>>hugs<<<<<<<

Rachel1963 Tue 31-Jul-07 20:56:03

Hi Pipsqueeke, hope you're doing OK.

pipsqueeke Wed 01-Aug-07 08:23:42

thanks for all your support yesterday girls. DH keeps saying 'what's wrong' and are you ok - well no i'm not bloody well ok. don't think he quite understands. still the boss has given him till mondya off so that's something.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in