Oh bollox

(87 Posts)
BeetrootHeidi Wed 11-Jul-07 14:55:32

MIL died an hour ago.

dh sped up to be with her but missed her by half and hour

The cars were both in the garage and I persuaded him to go via the garage and pick up the car rather than use the courtesy car - this added 45 mins onto his journey

I only suggested it because I thought if she took along time dying it would be easier for him as he wouldn't have to worry about getting the courtesy car back.

gutted for him.

his dad died when he was a child - now he is alone.

OP’s posts: |
bundle Wed 11-Jul-07 14:56:19

oh love i'm sorry, xxxx

kokeshi Wed 11-Jul-07 14:57:32

So sorry beetroot and DH.

NoodleStroodle Wed 11-Jul-07 14:58:39

Be strong for him

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Wed 11-Jul-07 14:58:58

oh gosh so sorry for you you didnt know x

Tinker Wed 11-Jul-07 14:59:00

Sorry for your husband beety

Rantmum Wed 11-Jul-07 15:00:02

You were trying to make a very sad situation a tiny bit less stressful for your dh, so don't be hard on yourself.

Very sorry for your dh's loss and for yours.

NorbertStanleyFletcher Wed 11-Jul-07 15:00:37

Oh so sorry

Don't beat yourself up will you - you were trying to think ahead and make things easier.

BeetrootHeidi Wed 11-Jul-07 15:03:39

I just know how important it was to him - but it was so so sudden -

chocolateteapot Wed 11-Jul-07 15:08:53

So sorry

Please please don't beat yourself up, you just do what you think is the best thing at the time (and I am speaking from experience here as waiting for a call to hear the same about my MIL).

BeetrootHeidi Wed 11-Jul-07 15:11:22

Ctp -

chocolateteapot Wed 11-Jul-07 15:15:24

I hope your DH and all of you are alright as you can be at times like this Beety. I guess you'll have to break the news to your children ? Did she live miles away ? Bloody nightmare all this isn't it.

BeetrootHeidi Wed 11-Jul-07 15:16:46

yes she lives (god no lived now) in Norfolk and we are in Somerset. Dh has to tell her dh who (not his dad) is disabled adn unable to look after himself.

chocolateteapot Wed 11-Jul-07 15:18:58

Oh no I do feel for you all.

We're moving up your way, DD is due to start a new school (one of the Cheddar Valley first schools) on Monday. DH was coming to help me get everything set up for the first week whilst we camp out, then move up properly for Sept. But he'll have to go to Spain on Friday we think.

BeetrootHeidi Wed 11-Jul-07 15:20:35

oh shit is your mil in Spain?

Where will you stay? Are you moving to Cgaddar?

Pinkchampagne Wed 11-Jul-07 15:25:03

Oh no, I'm so sorry, Beetroot.

chocolateteapot Wed 11-Jul-07 15:44:15

We're staying in Weston (not willingly !) to start with, whilst we sell up here. Then hopefully move down out to one of the villages round there unless Weston has hugely improved in the last 7 years ! My lovely friend will be very close by and will help loads next week and my Mum has decided to come up as well which will help.

My PILs are in Spain, DH is ready to jump on a flight when he gets the call. MIL is at the end of an 18 month fight against cancer, which sods law is ending the weekend both us and my SIL are due to move & DD due to start her new school. But that's life I guess.

ggglimpopo Wed 11-Jul-07 15:46:14

Shit - so sorry to hear this. Please give my condolences to your dh.
x

hazygirl Wed 11-Jul-07 15:51:02

so sorry x

TigerFeet Wed 11-Jul-07 15:51:05

so sorry Beetroot

LIZS Wed 11-Jul-07 15:52:22

so sorry

FioFioJane Wed 11-Jul-07 15:53:18

sorry beetroot

what will happen to dhs stepdad>

BeetrootHeidi Wed 11-Jul-07 15:54:16

My brohter lives in a village outside weston. It is really nice place

There is a problem with the schools I have heard as the catchment for the cheddar schools is closing in. (is it sexeys?) so take a look at that before buying -

We live in Wells.

BeetrootHeidi Wed 11-Jul-07 15:56:43

Fio, not sure yet. He is not mobile now. he has a son (who is going to Australia for a month next week) lives in Wales - god knows - I feel terribly sorry for him.

Spoke to dh who is in shock big time.

He said 'I am an orphan now

FioFioJane Wed 11-Jul-07 15:58:59

it just seems much more complicated when your parents are divorced etc

sorry for your dh, it must be a horrible feeling x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in