Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just been told that my lovely nan has passed away & my parents are away on holiday

(428 Posts)
Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 17:57:22

They have only been gone since last Thursday, so I have to find a way to contact them to try & get them home before the funeral.
My nan had a massive stroke & I didn't know, and now she's dead. I'm in bits, I feel so guilty. I was going to phone her tonight to check she was ok, and now she's gone.[

Lazylou Tue 10-Jul-07 17:58:56

Thinking of you, your dilemma and your family at this sad time PC x

NAB3 Tue 10-Jul-07 17:59:42

Oh God. I am so sorry for you. Life is shit sometimes. Do you have anyway of getting in touch with your parents? A hotel they were at, or the flight they used? You mustn't feel guilty. You weren't to know this was going to happen.
I spoke to my Nan on the Wednesday and was busy with the kids on Thursday so didn't get round to phoning. She died on the Friday. Life sucks. Take care.

muppetgirl Tue 10-Jul-07 18:01:16

I'm so sorry PinkChampagne...
thinking of you.

LittleLupin Tue 10-Jul-07 18:01:22

You weren't to know, PC . It sounds as though it was very sudden, hopefully she won't have known anything about it (my grandmother died from a huge stroke and it was instantaneous).

I had to tell my mum when Nanna died and it was horrible, but better than coming from a stranger.

CalifrauniusFudge Tue 10-Jul-07 18:02:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:03:39

Going to try mum's mobile, don't know what else to do.
My cousin's just turned up at my door & told me. I have tried to contact my sister but can't get hold of her yet. My nan was so lovely, I feel so bad that I didn't get to see her before she died. I'm shaking, this is so awful.

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:05:50

This is just the worst

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:09:41

Going to try my sister again, and dreading it so much. I feel really sick with shock right now.

cece Tue 10-Jul-07 18:11:09

Could you contact the company they have travelled with. Their rep should be able to pass on a message to phone home urgently.

suezee Tue 10-Jul-07 18:13:44

so sorry pinkchampagne, dont feel guilty with the shudda wudda cuddas, im sure she wouldnt want u to do that.hope ur ok x

Nbg Tue 10-Jul-07 18:15:50

Oh gosh Pink, what a shock for you

I hope you manage to get hold of your parents.

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:19:54

My cousin is meant to be getting married next week & nan had brought herself a new outfit, which they are now going to bury her in. I can't bear this, I'm all on my own, but I guess it is a good job the boys aren't around to see in this state.#
Need to get hold of my sister then we need to try to get hold of my parents.
I can't believe my nan has gone, I loved her so much.

CalifrauniusFudge Tue 10-Jul-07 18:23:23

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:27:00

My nan was so tough, she would fight off everything, I kind of felt like she would be here forever, even though I obviously knew she wouldn't.
Can't believe my nan has finally gone.

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:28:17

My cousin was there, she knew about it right away & was there to hold her hand at the end, but I wasn't.

suezee Tue 10-Jul-07 18:33:26

oh pink i can totally understand ur pain, just remember that she knew you loved her and that she loved you....again im so sorry x

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:33:48

They have said I can go & see her, but I don't know whether I want to see her dead. I don't know, I don't know what to do

CalifrauniusFudge Tue 10-Jul-07 18:37:12

lemonaid Tue 10-Jul-07 18:38:47

I'm very sorry.

I saw my nan's body after she died and was glad I did, because it made it very clear that it wasn't her anymore, IYSWIM.

I agree with cece, if your parents have gone with a company the company head office will be able to get a message to them.

Does your sister live nearby?

chocolateteapot Tue 10-Jul-07 18:38:51

I'm so sorry Pinkchampagne

Pinkchampagne Tue 10-Jul-07 18:39:31

My sister lives 30 miles from me

suezee Tue 10-Jul-07 18:40:06

my gran literally forced me to go and see my twin bro when he passed..........it was 3 years ago and i still wish i hadnt, go with ur gut instinct....maybe not a really great thing to decide on when youve just been given the news that shes passed

lemonaid Tue 10-Jul-07 18:41:45

Agree you're not in the best state to be making big decisions now. Get hold of your sister and you can support each other. You don't need to rush any decisions and can take time to remember your nan together.

LoveMyGirls Tue 10-Jul-07 18:41:46

PC so sorry to read this hun, you are not on your own. You don't have to make any decisions right now, let it sink in first!

Try not to feel bad that you weren't there, be grateful that she wasn't on her own and a member of your family could be there.

We're here for you to talk to, I can't do much from here but i can listen xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now