Talk

Advanced search

Hallucinations whilst grieving

(3 Posts)
onecrazycook Thu 07-Jun-18 12:59:25

At the weekend I lost my uncle in tragic circumstances. I had to go through witnessing him on life support for 36 hours and as a family we had to make the decision to end his supportive treatment.

Over the last two nights I'm waking in the night seeing random weird things, like purple spiky triangles rolling over the bed, or luminous balls pulsating on the ceiling.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It's terrifying

BiscuitBeast Wed 13-Jun-18 09:36:24

Hi OP

So sorry for your loss thanks

I have no experience of hallucinations during grief but am wondering from what you wrote that perhaps the sheer stress and exhaustion of those 36 hours from finding out about your uncle to that of him dying is what is has caused your hallucinations? Exhaustion, anxiety, grief etc take a huge toll on your mental and physical well being.
Have you managed to eat, drink and sleep at all?
How are you feeling now as I see you posted this last Thursday?
It would be reassuring at the least if you made an appointment to discuss these events with your doctor.
I hope the hallucinations have ceased.

onecrazycook Wed 20-Jun-18 23:51:24

The hallucinations have mostly gone but it's the funeral tomorrow. It's a cremation and I struggle with the idea of burning the body of a loved one. I get a bit hysterical even thinking about it, so I dread to think how my mind will cope tomorrow night. I'm almost crying now just typing this

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: