Talk

Advanced search

Having family so far away makes grief so much harder

(5 Posts)
mollyt Sun 03-Dec-17 20:57:28

I've really struggled since my dad dies in the summer I've realised that my mum has lots of support from family and friends as she lives in the same town they'd lived in for 50 years. I am miles away and no one else around me ever met my dad so I can't reminisce about him to anyone.my brother and best friend (who knew him well) live overseas I.e. Long haul which makes me feels so on my own with things.id love to just sit in the pub with someone who knew him and have a good natter/cry over a pint. Anyone else has similar....x

TheMamaYo Sun 03-Dec-17 22:40:35

Yes, I am right there with you. Grieving with others, sharing stories and tears and laughter.. I think it helps with the healing process? Huge sympathy toyo molly.

KitschNCabernet Mon 04-Dec-17 04:23:28

flowers Sorry for your loss *Molly*. I can sympathise. I am long haul from my family and my parents both died with me away - my father very suddenly (although years ago now). It’s hard to process and take in, and yes, there aren’t too many people around to share with. Maybe Skype your family/friends?? Poor substitute I know, but you sound like you want to share memories with those you love. Take care

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 04-Dec-17 16:26:29

@mollyt Me. I lost my Mum in June and my Dad in August, it was only ever me and my parents. I'm so lost without them.

mollyt Mon 04-Dec-17 19:29:56

Thanks guys yes I could be a bit more Skype...just not a substitute for having someone there though is it.sorry hotpink I can't imagine losing them both in such a short space of time.lots of love to you..xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now