Talk

Advanced search

God I miss my Mum

(13 Posts)
MrsGrindah Sat 25-Nov-17 19:46:21

Just that really ...18 months since she passed away and some days it feels like it’s getting better but on other days it’s so so hard. Chrisrnas is horrible...think I got through it last year cos I was numb but this year feels worse

Apileofballyhoo Sat 25-Nov-17 19:49:59

Second Christmas is definitely worse, because the first one you're still in shock, I think. I'm sorry for your loss. It's my Dad who has died (10 years ago but oddly finding it harder this year), but I'll be doubly devastated when I'm without my mother. Can't imagine it. flowers

MollyHuaCha Sat 25-Nov-17 19:55:39

I hope you have some lovely memories and some nice photos. What was she like OP?

MrsGrindah Sat 25-Nov-17 20:03:24

She was so so lovely and kind. I realise everyone says that about their Mum but she really was. Very strong too..Dad led her a merry dance over the years but she never gave in. I know she loved us very much. Thanks for asking.

MrsGrindah Sat 25-Nov-17 20:04:45

I have message from her on my iPad that I still can’t bear to open

MollyHuaCha Sat 25-Nov-17 22:30:35

She sounds like a strong woman. I bet she was really proud of you. Enjoy happy memories of your lovely mum. smile

SingaSong12 Sat 25-Nov-17 22:34:40

Hi OP - Both my parents are still alive so I can't offer wisdom just best wishes. I did want to suggest that you make sure that your iPad is backed up so that the message is also on a computer or iCloud even if you don't open it.
flowers

Timeforachange68 Mon 27-Nov-17 16:54:32

Please don't tell me it gets worse! We are approaching our first Christmas without my mum & I don't know how I'm going to cope with my dad, I was hoping once all the "firsts" were past things might improve!

LuckyBitches Tue 28-Nov-17 16:38:26

Time I don't think anyone can predict how they'll feel about these things really so I wouldn't worry. My first Christmas without my brother was quite nice really, although tender and quite sad.

Allnightlong2016 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:04:44

I miss my mum so much too. She died in July and this is the first Christmas without her. She was lovely and kind too. Sending you a hug 🤗

Chattycat78 Thu 07-Dec-17 15:04:18

Yeah xmas sucks in a way. Both of my parents have been dead 8 years and 6 years. Still find it hard. flowers. Even worse in a way now i have kids myself and one of them is Interested in Santa and stuff now. Reminds me of my own childhood.

couldthisbeit Thu 07-Dec-17 17:59:23

We lost mum 5 years ago today and I am really struggling today. So much has changed and she would have been at the heart of every event big or small. I would give anything for a moment with her again. I am sorry for everyone’s loss, it’s a loss no one wants to understand

Timeforachange68 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:53:10

Thanks Lucky I do appreciate it's different for everyone but you do hope that with the passage of time things would get easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now