Talk

Advanced search

Decorating a grave

(3 Posts)
Animation86 Tue 14-Nov-17 15:40:00

I recently lost my gran, we were extremely close.

The family are kinda broken up with it all (one aunt gutted her house before the rest of the sisters could take anything, its all a bit rough) and no one has bothered to tidy the grave from the funeral. So I'm going to head along with my brother and sort it out.

I just wanted to ask what kind of things you can buy? I see mini gardens and engraved rocks on other graves. I dont even know where to look.

We planted crocuses on dMIL's grave.

You could buy an urn or similar, to put flowers in whenever you visit.

I am sorry for your loss. thanks

CatsMother66 Fri 24-Nov-17 10:24:36

When we lost my dad, we didn’t go to the grave until the headstone was in place, about three months after the funeral. We chose a black headstone with a built in urn for flowers. It is smart and neat. Less is more for us. Other graves are jammed packed with windmills, stones, photos, figures, plaques etc. Other graves may have added a just a few meaningful items. Everyone has different taste and ideas.
You must check with the cemetery as they will have strict rules on what can be left there. Garden centres often sell items meant for graves.
Another idea is to have a photo of your loved one in the house and keep flowers next to it so you can enjoy them too. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now