Talk

Advanced search

My Mum would have been 61 today...

(5 Posts)
lemonzest123 Tue 30-May-17 19:15:19

This time last year we were having a family dinner celebrating her 60th and my brother's wedding which was the following day.

I miss her eyes much sad

A man in the street just said "smile love, tough day I know" all sarcastically. Now and sad and angry.

lemonzest123 Tue 30-May-17 19:15:32

Very* not eyes

MsJuniper Tue 30-May-17 19:19:24

It must be a hard day. People can be so thoughtless (not to mention sexist and entitled).

Hope you have been able to remember your mum as you want to. Remembering people on their birthdays is such a special thing as time goes on - it brings back such memories. Right now I am sure it is a bit too close though.

Thinking of you flowers

lemonzest123 Tue 30-May-17 19:25:01

Thanks flowers I wish I could do something to feel closer to her. Maybe I'll get the old photos out and have a glass of wine!

tethersend Sat 03-Jun-17 09:41:55

flowers lemonzest

I lost my mum a few weeks ago, and one of the only good things to happen in that time was answering an unsolicited 'Cheer up love' with a flat 'My mum's just died'. The man looked utterly crushed and scuttled away. I felt a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now