Talk

Advanced search

My son passed away last night and I'm just so heartbroken and shocked

(20 Posts)
user1493982007 Fri 05-May-17 12:04:27

I really need this pain and heartbreak to go away or I just feel like I'm going to do something stupid and I can't do that to my family.

newroundhere Fri 05-May-17 12:09:54

I'm so sorry for your loss. Is there someone you can speak to in real life? Would it help to tell us what happened?

flowers

lougle Fri 05-May-17 12:10:45

I'm so sorry to hear that, user. That's such sad news. Do you have support from your family? Do you want to talk about it?

Hopeandpaige Fri 05-May-17 12:11:00

My darling I know that pain all too well! My daughter died in October just gone and I lay there as she went cold in my arms and I clung on hopelessly praying it was me that had gone instead.
From one bereaved parent to another, please take time.. Don't rush anything! It's this raw heartbreak right now that's the only thing that will help you recover. I know it doesn't feel like it now and I've only come to see this in the last two week, but please take it from me.. Just take everything very slowly. Xxflowers

user1493982007 Fri 05-May-17 12:27:20

My mum and dad are so lovely but I just don't want to be around them and just want to be left alone right now. We are not sure what has happened and he needs a post-mortem which just makes it all unbearable to deal with as we all expected him to wake up as normal. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter Hope and thank you.

TheHobbitMum Fri 05-May-17 12:32:30

I'm so very sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the heartbreak your are feeling. What was your sons name? Xx

bigbluebus Fri 05-May-17 19:23:49

I feel your pain to User. I lost my DD in December at the age of 22. She had a life-limiting condition but had been reasonably well and her death was totally unexpected. We count ourselves lucky we could hold her in our arms as she breathed her last but it was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do in my life.

Let your Mum and Dad help you. They will be feeling the loss too but won't know how to respond to your grief. Let them take care of you as I'm sure that is something they know how to do. flowers

Phillipa12 Fri 05-May-17 21:28:56

I am so sorry for your loss user, my daughter died suddenly just over three years ago now and because she died within 8hrs of being admitted to hospital the coroner requested a post mortem, the police will become involved purely to act as coroners assistants and gain as much information about your dc esp in the days leading upto their death. I wish i could say that the heartache and pain goes, it lessens but it becomes part of you and you just accept it, there will be days when you dont feel it as deeply and times when it takes over. I also couldnt face my dad when he came, but something a friend said to me stuck which was that his heart was aching too, not only for the loss of his grand daughter but also because he could see the pain i was in and their was nothing he could do or say to make it better and thats his job as a parent, to make everything better. Take care of yourself. Xx

user1490395938 Fri 05-May-17 22:59:28

I am so so sorry to hear of your loss and also anyone else on here who has suffered a loss. Sending huge hugs xxx

SunshineDeLaSoul Sun 07-May-17 16:28:11

I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

FixItUpChappie Sun 07-May-17 16:33:32

Oh I'm so sorry OP. Be kind to yourself flowers

bluediamonds Sun 07-May-17 21:08:46

flowers

etegrasse Sun 07-May-17 21:09:19

flowers I am so very sorry for your loss.

Nickynackynoodle Sun 07-May-17 21:10:37

So sorry OP. Would you like to talk to us about your son?

GeekyWombat Sun 07-May-17 21:15:23

flowers User. Thinking of you tonight.

Finola1step Sun 07-May-17 21:15:38

I'm so sorry for your loss.flowers

3littlebadgers Sun 07-May-17 21:15:46

I'm so very sorry, the loss of a child is the single most painful thing. The only consolation I could think of after we lost our little Dd2 was that she'd never have to go through this mental torture. She's never be the one left behind. sad
flowers for you star for your son

Jayyfa Sun 07-May-17 21:18:39

flowers I am so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you wherever you are.

If you want to talk to someone anonymously you can call Samaritans free, any time on 116 123

x

LordPercy Fri 12-May-17 19:00:19

flowers

JennyOnAPlate Fri 12-May-17 19:04:05

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now