Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I miss my mum

(4 Posts)
Melaniaspilatesinstructor Tue 28-Mar-17 12:13:26

Last summer I lost my mum to an infection that took hold after 4 rounds of chemotherapy for leukaemia. I was 6 months pregnant at the time and now holding my baby I just miss her so much. I had a really brilliant relationship with her and really loved her company. I have loads of friends and a good husband but nothing replaces her.
I find I can philosophise my head out of all ruts but there is literally no way around losing someone you care about so much it's just final and heartbreaking and so unfair.

Littleelffriend Wed 29-Mar-17 18:57:30

I feel for you. I lost my mum in 2015 to cancer. I had my first baby in 2016. My partners mum is also dead. I look at her and feel so sad she will never know her grannys. It's so hard, and I get angry/jealous of all the help and support people get from their mums.

Frazzle76 Thu 30-Mar-17 15:41:45

You're not alone. There is more of us out there then you think. I was 5 months pregnant when lost my mum in Jan to cancer. I don't know if the grief ever gets better, you just get better at dealing with it.
Sending lots of love and hugs xx

itsnotterrysitsmine Fri 31-Mar-17 15:08:17

I found out I was pregnant about a week before we unexpectedly lost my mum at the end of January. I never got chance to tell her. In the last 2 months I've lost count of the number of times I've wanted to talk to her. I feel her absence constantly. Big hugs to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now