Talk

Advanced search

Second Mothers Day without Mum..

(9 Posts)
SpringGlade004 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:34:08

This is going to be my second Mother's Day without my Mum but in my mind it could be the first. I lost my Mum on Boxing Day 2015 and although it feels like such a long time since I've seen her I also feel like no time has passed. It's like someone has hit a pause button. I feel like I'm still so thick in the grief and my poor Dad is broken. She was only 56 and I think we feel so cheated and sad for the times that should have been. I guess I'm just wondering if this is a normal way to feel?..

PoundlandUK Wed 22-Mar-17 11:37:29

Yep, normal. I'm 10 years on and now see DMs birthday, anniversary of death and mother's day as occasions to quietly celebrate her life. It's taken me a while to get here (and it's still sad).

SpringGlade004 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:56:13

Thanks PoundlandUK. Just knowing it's 'ok' that it will always be sad helps. In this day in age people are so often expected to 'get over' things that you feel pressured to feel a way that you perhaps don't.

Chattycat78 Fri 24-Mar-17 20:22:53

Yes. I lost my mum in 2009. Still gutted. I was only 30 and she was 66. I've since had kids and the grief Is worse now knowing she'll never meet them. It takes years I think to feel "better"- if it ever happens. flowersflowers .'mothers day doesn't help.

CPtart Fri 24-Mar-17 20:41:19

I lost my DM six months ago in a car accident. She was 69. I've no parents as my DF died aged 54. This will be my first Mother's Day without her. Dreading all the fb posts.

BrioLover Fri 24-Mar-17 20:47:00

It's awful. Just awful. I'm so sorry for your loss (and all on this thread) 💐

It's my fourth Mother's Day without my mum. Still hurts just as much, and I'm also dreading the FB deluge. She was 63, died of leukaemia and never got to see her first grandchild.

missmeg3leg Sat 25-Mar-17 18:10:33

Hi SpringGlade004 & all on this thread... Its the 2nd mothers day without my mum too, she passed away suddenly & unexpectedly Dec 2015, aged 66. Last mothers day we scattered her ashes in the most beautiful remote hillside village in Wales where she grew up, courted & married my dad and gave me & my brother an idyllic childhood.....I travelled back there today and sat in the sunshine, laid some flowers, watched bouncy, springy lambs 😀 & shed many tears, its a gnawing, horrid, horrid time but we should all be thinking with love tomorrow because our mums are still our mums, and will always be our mums, thinking of you all tomorrow ❤️

SpringGlade004 Sat 25-Mar-17 20:23:43

Thank you for your messages. I'm sorry for your losses and that we all have this unbearable pain in common. You're right missmeg3leg they're still our Mums..that's something I struggle with in conversation as I still have a Mum in my mind and heart. I will be lighting a candle for Mum tomorrow and will think of you all too flowers

Mulberry72 Sat 25-Mar-17 21:20:58

Spring flowers

I'm 2 years on and this year seems harder than last year, it's like it's finally dawned on me that she's never coming back.

My Mum died in August 2015 4 weeks after she was diagnosed with cancer whilst she was in holiday in America.

I miss her so much, I still text her every day crazy I know)

Sending love to all missing their Mum's flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now