Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else dreading mothers' day?

(19 Posts)
endofthelinefinally Sat 04-Mar-17 09:40:22

I had such a lovely card from DS1 last year.
Now he isn't here to give me one. sad

WeAreNotInKansasAnymore Sat 04-Mar-17 09:42:31

I am so sorry for your loss. flowerssad.

I hate it. Motherless. Her birthday was around Mothers Day. My first year of being separated so I reckon my ex won't remember. Too painful.

Cantchooseaname Sat 04-Mar-17 09:45:15

I'm so sorry.
I miscarried on Mother's Day 2 years ago. I am blessed to have a beautiful 10 month old, but it still hurts like hell.
My husband has forgotten.
Hope you find some peace.

NavyandWhite Sat 04-Mar-17 09:57:18

I'm sorry OP. When you've lost a child Mothers Day is particularly hard. It hits you like a sledgehammer that one of your children is missing. I always take some flowers to ds's grave on that day. He always made a fuss of me on Mother's Day.

I hope it passes as gentle as possible OP. flowers

bigbluebus Sat 04-Mar-17 13:34:04

Me. This will be my first Mothers Day without either my Mother (just coming up to 1st anniversary of her death - Mother's Day was early last year so she was still alive then) and my DD who died 3 months ago, so double whammy here. We have been invited away for that weekend with some friends so that will be a distraction although we will be back on the Sunday evening so DS has already been warned that I will expect a lavish supper to be cooked upon my return!

element19 Sat 04-Mar-17 18:45:02

I lost my (only) baby around Mother's Day last year and it felt as though the day was taunting me at every turn. I never really agreed with the commercial aspects of it before then and now even more so. I'm hoping for a peaceful day and wish you all the same

minmooch Sat 04-Mar-17 21:39:38

Me.

Hate it.

My eldest son died three years ago. My mother two years ago. My twin daughters were stillborn 8 years ago.

I do have a living son but it's a hell of a lot of pressure on him. He's away at uni so he will probably forget it and I won't be cross with him. What a burden he has too.

It feels like another shitty day that brings up all the losses.

ImperialBlether Sat 04-Mar-17 21:41:56

So very sad for all of you.

flowers

Minmooch, could you remind your son a few days early? Would he feel bad if he forgot?

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Sat 04-Mar-17 21:44:29

I was coming on here to say about my own mother not being here for Mothers Day, but omg....I am so sorry for all your own individual losses. flowers for all of you, not much I know xx

endofthelinefinally Sun 05-Mar-17 16:09:10

So sad for all of us.
I will light a candle for my son and a second one for all of us here.
The pain is endless, as is the love.

UnmanWitteringAndZigo Mon 06-Mar-17 13:44:24

I'm so very sorry to all of you who have a child who has died. What an extra hurdle Mothers' Day must be, in amongst all the rest of the endless pain.

My sister died recently, and I'm dreading Mothers' Day so much on behalf of my mum. I so wish there was something I could do to mitigate just a little bit of her suffering, but I don't think there is.

NavyandWhite Mon 06-Mar-17 13:51:04

Sorry to hear about your sister Unman. Lovely that you're already thinking about the impact of Mother's Day on your mum. It will be hard for her, I'm sure you will do what you can to help her through it flowers

Phillipa12 Mon 06-Mar-17 13:51:32

op i still have my dds first mothers day card that she made at nursery on my dressing table, its nearly three years ago that she passed away. To me mothers day is not important anymore, my own mum isnt with us anymore either, i slap on the happy face purely for my boys and just potter till bedtime. Xx

DustyMaiden Mon 06-Mar-17 13:57:03

I lost my DMil and DM so for the first time in my life I will write no cards. This sad though it is, is life. To lose a child is awful, it saddens me that it happens to so many.

whethertheweather Tue 07-Mar-17 13:24:32

My DM died on Mothers Day 15 years ago. Horrible, conflicted day - my 3 DC try so hard to make it lovely for me and I'm always terribly unsettled which makes me feel unappreciative. It's the anniversary of her death on the 10th March and I can feel an anxiety gnawing in my chest starting.

steph0488 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:26:24

I'm dreading Sunday - it will not only be Mother's Day but exactly 4 weeks since my daughter passed away during childbirth. I was so looking forward to having my first Mother's Day with my new baby and now I will be spending the day bringing some fresh flowers to her grave sad life is very cruel sometimes x

NC543212345 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:28:45

Another one dreading it. I barely go to the shops this time of year as the amount of crap about it is overwhelming.

endofthelinefinally Thu 23-Mar-17 15:18:43

Oh steph
I am so sorry for your loss.
flowers

echt Thu 23-Mar-17 19:57:45

So sorry for all the losses. thanks

Mine's a roundabout one. I found a note from last Mother's Day (Au in May), written by my late DH, saying: Get me a cup of fucking tea, it's Mother's Day." I have it stuck on the kitchen wall. grin sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now