Talk

Advanced search

Heartbroken

(10 Posts)
Crazycake Mon 27-Feb-17 02:41:16

I have nobody to talk to, my family don't understand! My brother died a couple of weeks ago, before he turned 30. I'm the older sister, I should have known his troubles, I should have helped him! I didn't have a clue sad

Crazycake Mon 27-Feb-17 02:43:09

To add, we only built a relationship up as adults, I wasn't allowed to see him when I was younger, we had different mums

coolaschmoola Mon 27-Feb-17 02:44:46

I'm so sorry for your loss.

WinnieFosterTether Mon 27-Feb-17 02:46:44

flowers I am so sorry for your loss and that your family don't seem to understand. Everybody grieves in different ways.
You shouldn't blame yourself. He obviously didn't want anyone to know about his struggles. Be gentle on yourself.

Crazycake Mon 27-Feb-17 03:23:03

I was with him until the end, they took his ventilator out and it took so long for him to pass, I can't remember him how he was, just how he looked when he couldn't breathsad

DogMama89 Mon 27-Feb-17 03:55:06

I am so so sorry. You were so brave and kind to stay with him!
flowers

2017SoFarSoGood Mon 27-Feb-17 04:50:08

I'm sorry for your loss. You must have so much you wanted to share with him.

ChishandFips33 Mon 27-Feb-17 05:12:57

Your memories of him will return in time - it's the grief that's blocking them for now

You must feel like you've not only lost a brother but have been robbed of knowing him better

You were there for him when he needed you - people are very adept at concealing their problems so please don't blame yourself for not knowing

Be kind to yourself and take time to work through your grief - there's many a kind and patient ear on here if you want to share more...or just vent flowers

Crazycake Mon 27-Feb-17 11:59:08

Thank you for your kind words

Poudrenez Mon 27-Feb-17 13:51:04

I lost my DB at a similar age OP. I promise you it'll get easier. Grief is a long, strange road. flowersflowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now