Talk

Advanced search

In praise of awkward MiL's

(6 Posts)
Marmalizes Sat 18-Feb-17 23:16:38

Oh how we argued. Oh how we disagreed. She drove me mad. She'd come to stay for weeks on end. She interfered, she criticised. She made me laugh. She was woven through 40 Years of my life. We became close friends. We shared confidences. She comforted me when my own mother died. She loved my children and my husband and in the end me. Somtimes I wasn't kind. Mostly I was a good DiL and I loved her. It wasn't easy watching her die. Towards the end i wondered if she realised how many mistakes she'd made. On the last day I just prayed for her to just stop. Stop breathing. Now she has and I want her back again. I want her back again. Grief is really shitty. All those regrets, all that longing to relive the past, all this emotion. Knowing other people's pain is so much worse than yours and yet mine sears through my heart like a knife.

Dilligaf81 Sat 18-Feb-17 23:18:35

Sorry OP.
Im sure she had the same feelings about you and sounds like your rwlationship was built up with a mutual respect and they (imo) are the best kind.
It will get easier xx

RooDaisy Sat 25-Feb-17 01:43:08

flowers

chatnanny Sat 25-Feb-17 01:46:29

So sorry to read that, what a great tribute to a real relationship with all its ups and downs.

UnbornMortificado Sat 25-Feb-17 01:57:49

Sorry marma, beautiful post flowers

NavyandWhite Sun 26-Feb-17 20:44:00

Such a sad but heartwarming post Marmalizes. Sounds like you loved each other. Take care flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now