Talk

Advanced search

Help Needed

(16 Posts)
Whoooosh Wed 28-Feb-07 07:52:40

My friend's dd was stillborn a little over a year ago and the time has now come to put her headstone in place.
She doesn't want sad words but something very simple along with dd's name and date fo birth.

So far we have....

Forever in our hearts (bit sad)

Always with us (hmm)

And now struggling.

Please can I have your suggestions?

Chandra Wed 28-Feb-07 08:02:06

Something in the likes of:
She made us all happy in the short time she was with us.

(I'm a firm believer in the capacity of children to make us happy withtheir prescence even before birth)

Scootergirl Wed 28-Feb-07 08:02:36

How very sad. A lot of people who have suffered like your friend call their children angels.
Maybe she could have Born an angel or something like that.
Hope all goes well xx

Whoooosh Wed 28-Feb-07 08:59:59

Will suggest those-any more anyone?

rahrah1 Wed 28-Feb-07 09:43:12

An angel in the book of life wrote down our baby's birth and whispered as she closed the book," To beautiful for earth."

rahrah1 Wed 28-Feb-07 09:44:33

Remembering you is easy, we do it everyday.
Losing you was a heartache, that never goes away.

aol Wed 28-Feb-07 10:01:30

I think that it is inappropriate for strangers to have any input into what goes on a baby's grave - and would go so far as to say that it is not a friend's place either. It should come from the parents, and from them alone, how ever well meaning the advice.

I think that they may regret not being the ones to have thought of what to put on their baby's grave - and it is a decision that is very difficult to go back on at a later date.

No offence intended to the original poster. You obviously care deeply about your friend.

rahrah1 Wed 28-Feb-07 10:02:15

Always in our hearts.

May you sleep with the Angels and forever play in Gods eternal Playground

Whoooosh Wed 28-Feb-07 10:15:33

Thank you Rahrah-we used your first suggestion on her memorial card.

AOL-my firend has asked for help on this-I would never presume it was my place to offer suggestions without her asking.

She (wrongly) feels inadequate in the ideas she has so far and has specifically asked for suggestions.

It has takenthem a year to save for the memorial and she wants to get it right.

Mumpbump Wed 28-Feb-07 10:23:36

Rahrah - what beautiful words...

Whoooosh Wed 28-Feb-07 12:02:16

Whoooosh Wed 28-Feb-07 15:32:48

Bumping for the afternoon crowd...

Whoooosh Wed 28-Feb-07 17:28:24

rahrah1 Wed 28-Feb-07 19:40:18

I will ask some of the girls on sands for some suggestions...

I know it is very hard...some people are often better with words and others just need some suggestions to help it fall into place. I hope your friend finds some words that she likes for her little ones headstone, it's hard to change if you don't like it.

Jalexdra Wed 28-Feb-07 19:50:02

'Born sleeping' is a more comforting way of saying stilborn if she wants to have the birthdate on the headstone.
It is a very personal thing. It's impossible to put everything you feel and want to say on a headstone. Maybe she could write a letter to her baby with all the personal things she wants to say, and put that by the grave aswell.

Whoooosh Thu 01-Mar-07 09:59:13

Thank you both
She has some lovely letters and poems at her grave,she really just wanted something very simple but poignant but not sad to go on the headstone.
She feels sad enough having to visit her daughter in a graveyard without having really sad words on a headstone.

It is so difficult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now