Talk

Advanced search

Dreamed my dad was alive

(8 Posts)
teaforbreakfast Tue 07-Feb-17 07:12:41

Alive, healthy, I was walking to marks and Spencer's with him chatting about this and that.

He would have been 72 this month. As it is he died three months after he turned 69.

Ifailed Tue 07-Feb-17 07:16:21

I used to dream about my Dad being alive for several years after his death, indeed sometimes in particularly vivid dreams we even discussed his death!

I suspect its just part of the grieving process, and the fact that I liked the dreams hints that I was coming to terms with is death.

DP died 18 months ago, and I'm starting to have similar dreams.

DustyBustle Tue 07-Feb-17 07:23:33

I had one like this when Dad was very ill and close to death and it was kind of comforting to see him healthy and talking and like the old him.

Since he died I haven't been aware of dreaming of him, so I'm kind of looking forward to having a dream like you describe.

I used to for years have dreams about my lovely Gran, - I thought of them as visits from her.
flowers

PicnicPie Tue 07-Feb-17 07:26:05

My dad died nearly 9 years ago. He was only 53. Every now and then I have dreams about him just like you, where he is alive and living life. I often see him in my parents home. It's really nice to see him and I really love it and feel so happy at having seen him. But in the early days it was hard.

echt Wed 08-Feb-17 09:13:33

I've dreamt of dad and mum since they died. Always happy. In the dream I know they're dead, and so do they, IYSWIM, but they're jolly and smiling. Haven't such a dream in years.

alazuli Wed 08-Feb-17 12:02:46

i dreamed about my mum the other day. it always makes me happy/sad. most of them she looks very ill as she did in her last few months. i wish i dreamed about her more. hugs, op. xx

TheWoodlander Wed 08-Feb-17 12:04:26

I dream of my dad still being alive sometimes. He died 2 years ago. It's a weird mixture of comforting and sad.

Poudrenez Tue 14-Feb-17 11:50:20

My brother died a few years ago, and although he's been on my mind constantly since, I never dreamt about him until a couple of weeks back. I really wanted to, as well. Suddenly he's popping up all over the place! I think it's something to do with attending to my need to remember him - life has been getting in the way of that slightly in recent months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now