Talk

Advanced search

It's suddenly hit me

(3 Posts)
NoodieRoodie Fri 13-Jan-17 19:24:42

I'm not sure why I'm posting this but today has hit me like a ton of bricks. Its 10 years since DH died. It's strange but after the first few years I didn't always remember the date, life got in the way. He was 20 years older than me so I always knew he'd die before me but 15 months after we married he was diagnosed with cancer and he died 8 months after that. I never thought I'd be widowed at 27. 10 years on I'm married to a wonderful man and have 3 beautiful children and although I do think about him it's lessened over time.

It just seems so strange how hard this feels today and there's no-one I can talk to about it. I could talk to DH but because he wasn't around (obviously) at the time it's not the same.

echt Sat 14-Jan-17 10:34:03

I didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

I'm sorry there's no-one to talk to. I hope I'm not being presumptuous but your first marriage was so full of possibilities and so horribly cut short. This in itself will bring piercing memories, though a long, full and achieved relationship would be just as heart-stopping. It isn't strange, there is no timetable for grief and love.

I'm not in your position except in one respect, that I always knew in my heart that my DH would die before me, though we were close in age.

Many thanks for you.

ferriswheel Sat 14-Jan-17 10:55:28

I didn't want to read and run either. I am sorry.flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now