Talk

Advanced search

my aunt was killed last week by a drink driver

(33 Posts)
oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 18:51:40

I feel so sick thinking about it. Her daughter was driving - they were only going to drop a friend home. not sure why i'm posting this really. Just can't think straight.

NbgsYellowFeathers Mon 19-Feb-07 18:53:28

Omg Oranges
How awful.
Have they got the driver?

Carmenere Mon 19-Feb-07 18:54:52

Oh god, you poor,poor thing, I'm very sorry for your trouble

IntergalacticDave Mon 19-Feb-07 18:55:19

shit oranges. how awful

Dior Mon 19-Feb-07 18:55:30

Message withdrawn

Califrau Mon 19-Feb-07 18:55:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 18:56:13

yes, he drove off but the police got him. Now his wife and daughter are at my family's house, trying to emotionally blackmail them into not pressing for a sentance. He had no licence. I want to punch someone.

Dior Mon 19-Feb-07 18:57:17

Message withdrawn

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 18:57:22

My aunt only went in the car because she did not want her daughter driving alone in the dark.

Chillout Mon 19-Feb-07 18:57:23

Are you in the UK? If so, his relations are commiting a criminal offence. Call the police.

flutterbee Mon 19-Feb-07 18:57:24

Oh oranges, this must be terrible for you.

How is her daughter, was she hurt?

I just can't understand why someone would get into a car after having a drink, the damage it can cause just because you don't want to walk/pay for a taxi is horrific.

I feel for you oranges, sorry there is not much I can do to help though

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 18:58:17

I don't know Dior, its not in the uk. I've never felt like this about a death before though. Like I want to scream. What can I do?

southeastastra Mon 19-Feb-07 18:58:59

bloody hell that's awful! what on earth are they doing at her house, they should call the police.

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 18:59:54

Her daughter was unhurt in the accident but is in shock, and heavily sedated. She lived at home. I know it sounds like a soap opera, but my aunt's brother in law just hada heart attack when he heard the news and died too. I am alone with ds and not dealing with all the waves of bad news too well.

NadineBaggott Mon 19-Feb-07 19:04:23

so sad for you

and so angry, drunk and no licence!
don't how his family have got the nerve!

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 19:10:29

but what can I DO? I'm in the UK, they are abroad and I'm sat here like a lemon.

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 19:12:35

okay, decided to post on frivolous mumsnet threads.

fireflyfairy2 Mon 19-Feb-07 19:18:58

Bastard drink drivers!

Sorry for your loss Orange.

Hulababy Mon 19-Feb-07 19:30:32

How awful. So sorry Oranges

kimi Mon 19-Feb-07 19:41:50

Oh oranges im so so sorry.
Please get your family to call the police as this is harresment.
Drink driver with no licence lock him up and throw away the key.
Imet you at the christmas meet up and you are lovely, im so sorry this has happened.

FioFio Mon 19-Feb-07 19:45:56

Message withdrawn

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 19:54:56

thank you for your kind words. She was such a sweet, gentle lady and it was such a violent, brutal death. I just had a cry in the kitchen while making a casserole. Don't think I need to add any salt.

smittenkitten Mon 19-Feb-07 20:10:33

awful, awful, awful. 2 of my colleagues siffered bereavements last year due to negligent drivers and one lad at work was killed the other week. It makes you feel so powerless - you can do everything right and some unforgiveably careless person smashes your life into bits. So unfair. Thinking of you and your family.

Aloha Mon 19-Feb-07 20:20:55

Hi Oranges, my dad was killed on 11 Dec (he died in the early hours of the 12) by a drunk driver, who overtook a bus, in the rain, in the dark, was on the wrong side of the road and and smashed my poor father's little car to bits so he died holding a stranger's hand on a cold, rainswept roadside and my children have no grandpa any more. Then the bastard tried to run away. We are still waiting, and will wait several months, for his trial. I really sympathise. It is just contemptible.

oranges Mon 19-Feb-07 20:38:23

oh aloha, I am so glad you came on here. I'm like you - I keep thinking of the last minutes, how terrified she was and her poor, poor daughter going frantically to the hospital.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: