Talk

Advanced search

Mum in law died last night

(11 Posts)
TheLaundryLady Wed 30-Nov-16 17:31:07

My wonderful mum in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in February this year.
She lost her battle last night peacefully surrounded by her loved ones..

BigFatBollocks Wed 30-Nov-16 17:45:44

Sorry for ur loss.

SingaSong12 Wed 30-Nov-16 17:46:34

So sorry flowers

OliviaStabler Wed 30-Nov-16 17:48:51

Very sorry for your loss flowers Must be awful for you all

timelytess Wed 30-Nov-16 17:49:47

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad the end was peaceful and that her loved ones were there. flowers

dotdotdotmustdash Wed 30-Nov-16 17:52:04

My condolences to you and your family. My FIL died quite suddenly almost 2 weeks ago and we're still feeling bereft. Even though he wasn't my Father he has been in my life for many years and his loss leaves a huge hole in our family. I'm sure you feel the same way about your MIL.

TheLaundryLady Wed 30-Nov-16 20:41:50

Thank you all x do so sorry to hear about your FIL. Like you my MIL has left a huge hole , she was an amazing lady but I'm so glad she's not in pain anymore.
DH, FIL and my SIL's are distraught so I'm trying to support them best as I can.
Got to get death certificate tomorrow

Months ago I sat with MIL and we wrote down her last wishes and sealed them in an envelope - we need to open it tomorrow too

laurzj82 Wed 30-Nov-16 21:05:49

Sorry for your loss flowers

My mum died last week too sad

TheLaundryLady Wed 30-Nov-16 21:24:18

So sorry for your loss laurz flowers

user1480843266 Sun 04-Dec-16 17:58:52

flowers I am so sorry. Lost both my mil and fil this year, very painful both times and the loss is huge of a parent, just huge. Helping with arrangements is quite traumatic too but if you do it together, supporting one another and taking things in turns if and when someone has a bad day or a good day, it can help.

JunosRevenge Tue 03-Jan-17 02:59:13

So sorry for everyone's losses on this thread. flowersflowersflowers

My dear FIL died last week. My DH is utterly beside himself with grief. My heart feels heavy with all the pain my poor DH is going through. I feel so sorry for him, and I'm missing my FIL dreadfully too. Funeral etc is delayed due to Xmas and New Year backlog, so we're in a kind of limbo at the moment. It's all so, so sad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now