Talk

Advanced search

FIL died

(2 Posts)
kelper Fri 04-Nov-16 20:59:20

Really suddenly. Wasn't expected. DS is 9 and is struggling a bit, he is really angry and I don't know what to do.
We've lost friends before but this is his first close family member to go.
He was really sad the first couple of days after FIL passed, but its like he's filed it away now. He has ADHD and finds emotions really hard.
I want him to go to FILs funeral but I'm not going to force him if that makes sense?
He's just so angry with his foster brother, his friends. I think his ADHD meds keep him a little calmer for school, so I'm dreading this weekend when he doesnt take them, although they don't benefit us at home anyway.
I'm sad but I can't cry. I've gone like i was when my friend died when we were kids, I just don't believe it. we've lost so many friends between DH and i this year, I just don't want to deal with it all.
DH is in shock I think, it really wasn't expected. FIL wasn't the best dad to dh, but I know he's sad. Theres going to be so much drama surrounding everything, and I just want to hide.
Sorry for rambling, perhaps I should have bought a full size bottle of wine instead of a little one.
I'm glad we've got no money at the moment, it means I have no crpa to binge on.
I'm fed up of death.

WottyMcWottFace Fri 04-Nov-16 23:32:11

flowers so sorry for your loss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now