Talk

Advanced search

Feeling the presence of the deceased [possibly triggering]

(5 Posts)
blackhairbrush Mon 31-Oct-16 20:06:20

My DB died recently - the circumstances of his death are quite distressing, but I have had 3 occasions since his death when i felt as if he was somehow giving me messages - almost like someone dropping thoughts in my brain. Twice that he was a peace and once that someone I didn't know (but whose name was on his phone) should read a passage at his funeral. I am not religious, don't really believe in life after death and not usually prone to flights of fancy; my family clearly think I am mad when I mention it. We weren't even that close, although I obviously loved him. Has anyone else experienced this?

ByeByeLilSebastian Mon 31-Oct-16 20:09:09

Corr that must be quite scary op. How do you feel about it?
I had rather lucid dreams when my mum died. They felt so real, I could feel her warmth and smell her. She told me she was happy and moving on.

Not sure if I believe them but it was comforting in a way.

blackhairbrush Mon 31-Oct-16 20:11:26

I think that's the point - I don't find it scary at all - it's actually very comforting (except for the fact that I wonder if I am going mad). He was a very nice man so couldn't be scary if he tried.

Coconutty Mon 31-Oct-16 20:13:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blackhairbrush Mon 31-Oct-16 20:22:42

I'm glad it isn't just me Coconutty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now