Talk

Advanced search

Wording on card with funeral flowers **trigger warning, baby's funeral**

(12 Posts)
Hidingtonothing Fri 19-Aug-16 00:15:12

I hope I don't upset anyone by asking about this but my friends' baby was born sleeping and the funeral is tomorrow. I've bought flowers but am now sitting with the card in front of me and have absolutely no idea what to write. Nothing I come up with seems right, it's either overly 'flowery' which I'm worried will just upset my friend more or it's just not enough if that makes sense. I've almost just written 'with love' and our names three times now but just feel like I should say something more, I just don't know what. Sorry to ask, feel bad even asking because it's such a sensitive subject but can anyone help me please?

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 19-Aug-16 00:17:44

Perhaps "never forgotten" or "always in our thoughts"?

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 19-Aug-16 00:18:27

Sorry pressed post too soon.

I can understand why you're struggling for the words. It's so very sad.

PopFizz Fri 19-Aug-16 00:19:19

babys name never forgotten
Much love
OP and family

Acknowledge the baby's name, send love, stay simple x

Lovepancakes Fri 19-Aug-16 00:20:16

Maybe 'there are no words and (name) is never forgotten '?

Im so sorry

Lilacpink40 Fri 19-Aug-16 00:21:04

'Much wanted, much loved'

Or something else short and sincere that feels right to you.

HexBramble Fri 19-Aug-16 00:22:15

Honesty is always the best policy OP...

"I don't know what to say. My heart breaks for you."

With love.
Call upon me if you need me.

X

Wayfarersonbaby Fri 19-Aug-16 00:33:51

Agree with something short but honest, from the above I like "<baby's name>, much wanted, much loved", or "<baby's name> always remembered, with love". Your poor friends, OP, I hope they can find some comfort and peace in the weeks and years ahead. x

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 19-Aug-16 00:36:28

In memory of your beloved <name>
We will remember

WilsonStanley Fri 19-Aug-16 00:41:55

In a similiar situation, I wrote, "For (baby's name), with love...'.

Hidingtonothing Fri 19-Aug-16 01:26:04

Thank you all so much, I've cobbled something together I'm happy with out of your ideas, had just ended up with a mental block because well, what can you say really? sad Couldn't have done it without your help so I really appreciate all your replies flowers

AnnieOnnieMouse Fri 19-Aug-16 10:48:01

Definitely put baby's name on the card, and something short, with love, and your names. Simply acknowledging the baby will mean so much (btdt)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now