Talk

Advanced search

missing mum

(4 Posts)
thedishonthecoffeetable Mon 01-Aug-16 23:39:23

My mum died in May, we feel we were lucky as she as taken to a hospice at the end of December. Moved to a nursing home under the hospice and lived a good life till May.

I feel as though I have been on a treadmill since then, it's now stopped, and I feel I have stopped too, i want to sleep and process my mum not being there, AMIBU that I want to take time off work to process all these feelings or should I just carry on, I do t want ro be paid for time off

Darwinisafish Tue 02-Aug-16 17:12:03

If your employer is flexible and you can afford it why not? Sounds like you have been busy up to her death too.

My mum died in June, it's hard, grief is so tiring. For the first month I was numb and went back to work and just getting on with things, now I have some awful brain fog. I had some leave planned so at least am off work, it does help even though the kids are off schoolflowers

alazuli Wed 03-Aug-16 01:24:20

i took a month off work after my mum died. if you were ill you wouldn't think twice about taking time off. our emotional/mental health is just as important. do it. you won't regret it!

i'm sorry for your loss x

Jules125 Thu 08-Sep-16 12:31:04

its very hard. My Mum died in late April. I miss her so much too. Hope you can do the right thing for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now