We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice please - gift

(9 Posts)
Bluetta Mon 27-Jun-16 21:18:26

First time poster so apologies if I am in the wrong area...
I was looking for some help regarding a close friend. She lost her father in terrible circumstances and consequently is about to attend the trial of the person accused of his murder/manslaughter. The trial is being held away from home, so she will be separate from her immediate family (parents are divorced, father lived in another county) so I though I would try to make her a hamper of sorts to help her get through. Is there anything anyone can suggest that might be helpful to include? So far I am planning to include a journal/notebook so she can record anything she wants during the trial or use as a diary, Haribo, nice teabags, can of G&T, tissues, photographs of her with her kids and close friends. Any suggestions please? Or if this sounds like a terrible idea please let me know. Thank you

Potentialmadcatlady Wed 29-Jun-16 21:13:39

Sounds like a lovely idea... Good book/ crappy mags, body sprays, nice mints, craft stuff ( if she's into that) , pen to go with notebook, adult colouring mindfulness book and felt tip pens,some protein bats to keep her strength up if she's finding it hard to eat...

Bluetta Sun 03-Jul-16 01:49:49

Great suggestions, thank you Potentialmadcatlady xxx

Blondie1984 Sun 03-Jul-16 02:03:33

A lovely idea
What about some stress ball type item - for her to have in her hands whilst in court.

SomeDaysIDontGiveAMonkeys Sun 03-Jul-16 04:22:40

That's such s lovely idea OP. Perhaps a nice candle she can have in her room?

Namechanger65 Mon 04-Jul-16 06:27:36

What a lovely idea. I think the adult colouring book is a super idea. Something to try and lose some time on without too much concentration needed. flowers

Rainshowers Mon 04-Jul-16 17:42:18

That's a lovely idea. I've just been through something very very similar myself (if it wasn't for the fact you said she'd be separated from her family I'd have thought you might be one of my friends).

I think a notebook is very useful, whether she uses it as a bit of a diary or to remember things or scribble down questions as they come to her. Some mints or chewing gum and maybe some cereal bars or little snacks (we had a lot of waiting around). Nice tissues, a little card to say you're thinking of her, maybe a magazine (the small handbag sized ones, again if she's on her own and waiting lots it might be a welcome distraction). I also strangely got through a lot of lipbalm (air conditioning and nerves left my mouth dry), and handcream as the soap in the toilets was really cheap and dried my hands out. It's a really nice idea.

dirtyprettything Thu 07-Jul-16 21:15:23

Teddy bear, something to hold on to

Snpdd Thu 21-Jul-16 14:03:07

Bereavementbox.co.uk are pretty great. You can personalise a card and if you give them some details about the bereaved they can try and personalise it to them. I think they're under £20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now